The RS800 offers high performance double trapeze skiff excitement, with a lot less fuss. The 800 is more manageable and easier to own than more exotic designs - yet similar in speed. Used by individuals and programs on the West Coast - the RS 800 is lightweight yet durable with carbon spars, mylar sails, and simple sail controls. Like most boats of its type, the learning curve is steep - but with practice it offers huge rewards - without nearly the maintenance and upkeep of similar older model boats.
- Long and narrow waterline to reduce drag.
- Flared topsides for greater buoyancy and easier handling.
- Large kick blocks make the transition from cockpit to trapeze very easy.
- Cockpit design offers the skipper a secure steering position.
- Oversized spinnaker chute for fast hoists and drops.
- Incredibly light hull weight (137lbs) - that fully rigged and ready to sail is under 250lbs.
- High tech construction uses the tried and tested RS epoxy foam sandwich system.
- Daggerboard for low drag.
- Lifting rudder for easy launch and recovery.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction on both.
- Light weight, modern carbon composite mast and a tuned top section deliver excellent gust response.
- Sealed mast to reduce the inversion risk after a capsize.
- Main and jib are built from ultra light, mylar / kevlar laminate.
- Self tacking jib ensures easy maneuvers, especially downwind.
- Asymmetric spinnaker design with a short foot minimizes sheet loads for the crew.
- Length: 15' 9"
- Beam: 6'2"-9'6"
- Hull weight : 136lb
- Sailing weight: 242lb
- Sail area main / jib: 172sq ft
- Sail area spinnaker: 225sq ft
- Hull: Epoxy GRP foam sandwich
- Spars: Carbon composite mast. Aluminum alloy boom. Composite bowsprit.
- Sails: Mylar / kevlar semi battened mainsail. Fully battened jib. Twin patch radial cut spinnaker.
- Foils: Daggerboard and lifting rudder. GRP foam sandwich.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
”The RS800 has filled a slot by creating an exciting, easy to sail skiff that allows a range of sailor to race against each other competitively. Easy to sail but hard to sail well.”
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN BUYING YOUR BOAT
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.