The 800 is full on. Double trap, oversized spinnaker - it's powered up but much more atainable than you expect.
The RS800 offers high performance double trapeze skiff excitement, with a lot less fuss. The 800 is more manageable and easier to own than more exotic designs - yet similar in speed. Used by individuals and programs on the West Coast - the RS 800 is lightweight yet durable with carbon spars, mylar sails, and simple sail controls. Like most boats of its type, the learning curve is steep - but with practice it offers huge rewards - without nearly the maintenance and upkeep of similar older model boats.
- Long and narrow waterline to reduce drag.
- Flared topsides for greater buoyancy and easier handling.
- Large kick blocks make the transition from cockpit to trapeze very easy.
- Cockpit design offers the skipper a secure steering position.
- Oversized spinnaker chute for fast hoists and drops.
- Incredibly light hull weight (137lbs) - that fully rigged and ready to sail is under 250lbs.
- High tech construction uses the tried and tested RS epoxy foam sandwich system.
- Daggerboard for low drag.
- Lifting rudder for easy launch and recovery.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction on both.
- Light weight, modern carbon composite mast and a tuned top section deliver excellent gust response.
- Sealed mast to reduce the inversion risk after a capsize.
- Main and jib are built from ultra light, mylar / kevlar laminate.
- Self tacking jib ensures easy maneuvers, especially downwind.
- Asymmetric spinnaker design with a short foot minimizes sheet loads for the crew.
- Length: 15' 9"
- Beam: 6'2"-9'6"
- Hull weight : 136lb
- Sailing weight: 242lb
- Sail area main / jib: 172sq ft
- Sail area spinnaker: 225sq ft
- Hull: Epoxy GRP foam sandwich
- Spars: Carbon composite mast. Aluminum alloy boom. Composite bowsprit.
- Sails: Mylar / kevlar semi battened mainsail. Fully battened jib. Twin patch radial cut spinnaker.
- Foils: Daggerboard and lifting rudder. GRP foam sandwich.
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
CURRENT LEAD TIME & AVAILABILITY
Due to the high demand for sailboat and kayak products, the team at West Coast Sailing is working hard to bring in as much inventory as possible. We receive multiple shipments over the course of the year with our allocated number of specific models and colors. Current and future availability changes often and we make every effort to post updates to our website.
For the most up to date information or to place a deposit, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Availability: IN STOCK - This indicates the option selected is physically in stock at our warehouse in Portland, OR for immediate shipping or in store pickup. Our team will contact you within one business day of receiving your order to discuss these details.
- Availability: PRE ORDER - This indicates the option selected is on one of our next shipments but has not yet be received. Please contact our team to place a deposit.
- Availability: SOLD OUT - This indicates the option selected is not currently available for preorder due to extended or unknown lead time.
If you see the 'ADD TO WISH LIST' button only (no 'ADD TO CART' button), this means the product is SOLD OUT. Please contact for details.