Extra stability, extra confidence with a retractable bulb keel! Great for programs that must have the highest stability on the water.
The RS Venture Connect builds on the original RS Venture design and adds a weighted keel. The Venture Connect takes the comfort and openness of the Venture cockpit and adds the ultimate in stability with a weighted bulb keel. The Venture has the stability for any program - anywhere - without sacrificing its surprising performance.
- Stability and Safety
- Self righting 264lb keel with lead bulb
- Removable keel hoist post and winch for easy keel lifting & lowering
- Self draining cockpit - transom drain tubes quickly clear spray and rainwater
- Non-slip grip surfaces throughout the cockpit
- Fits a ton of folks (1200lb capacity)
- Forward positioned mast and optional moveable thwart again yields huge cockpit space
- Strut vang above the boom gives space and safety for the crew
- Easily handled by beginners
- Sparkling performance and incredible range of sailing options for experts
- Can be stored afloat on a mooring
- Easy keel lifting for convenient launching and transport ashore
- Keep your boat in one place or explore fantastic new venues
- Very durable composite GRP hull construction
- Thick woven GRP skins and 3mm Coremat construction, under a double layered gelcoat means that the RS Venture will stand up to intense use
- Optional rubber gunwhale fenders and bow bumper
- Optional spinnaker pack (asymmetric or symmetric) to add speed, take sailing to the next level and increase the fun factor
- Stability Pack
- Full range of Electronic Servo options which can be added - for sailors of every ability imaginable.
- Length: 16'4ft
- Beam: 6'8ft
- Draft: 3'9ft
- Air draft (mast above water): 23ft
- Weight (hull): 435lb
- Mainsail: 118sqft reefs to 98sq ft
- Jib: 41sq ft
- Spinnaker (optional):
- Asymmetric 150sq ft
- Symmetric: 113sq ft
Ok, so what is difference between Venture S, Venture Venture Connect, Venture Connect SCS?
The Venture S was the original model - featuring only an unweighted centerboard. RS then introduced the Venture SE which is the same boat, with a Weighted Centerboard (127lbs) for increased stability. The family was expanded once more with the Venture Connect - which feature a retractable bulb keel. Finally, the Venture Connect SCS is used by Adaptive Sailing featuring the same keel as the Venture Connect, with seated control systems.
Read Our RS Venture FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
CURRENT LEAD TIME & AVAILABILITY
Due to the high demand for sailboat and kayak products, the team at West Coast Sailing is working hard to bring in as much inventory as possible. We receive multiple shipments over the course of the year with our allocated number of specific models and colors. Current lead time and availability information for specific sailboat and kayak models is posted on our website:
Lead Time Table (opens in new tab)
Depending on current on hand stock and/or estimated availability, this model may be available for purchase online. Please review the following stock status information:
- Availability: IN STOCK - This indicates the option selected is physically in stock at our warehouse in Portland, OR for immediate shipping or in store pickup. Our team will contact you within one business day of receiving your order to discuss these details.
- Availability: PRE ORDER - This indicates the option selected is on one of our next shipments but has not yet be received. The estimated availability date for new preorders is listed on our Lead Time Table, which is updated weekly. Placing an order will reserve your spot in the queue for next availability, which is subject to change.
- Availability: SOLD OUT - This indicates the option selected is not currently available for preorder due to extended or unknown lead time, For an update on future availability, please see our Lead Time Table or contact our team via email at email@example.com.