Extra stability, extra confidence with a retractable bulb keel! Great for programs that must have the highest stability on the water.
The RS Venture Connect builds on the original RS Venture design and adds a weighted keel. The Venture Connect takes the comfort and openness of the Venture cockpit and adds the ultimate in stability with a weighted bulb keel. The Venture has the stability for any program - anywhere - without sacrificing its surprising performance.
You can also reach us at email@example.com or by calling 503-285-5536 ext2
Stability and Safety
- Self righting 264lb keel with lead bulb
- Removable keel hoist post and winch for easy keel lifting & lowering
- Self draining cockpit - transom drain tubes quickly clear spray and rainwater
- Non-slip grip surfaces throughout the cockpit
- Fits a ton of folks (1200lb capacity)
- Forward positioned mast and optional moveable thwart again yields huge cockpit space
- Strut vang above the boom gives space and safety for the crew
- Easily handled by beginners
- Sparkling performance and incredible range of sailing options for experts
- Can be stored afloat on a mooring
- Easy keel lifting for convenient launching and transport ashore
- Keep your boat in one place or explore fantastic new venues
- Very durable composite GRP hull construction
- Thick woven GRP skins and 3mm Coremat construction, under a double layered gelcoat means that the RS Venture will stand up to intense use
- Optional rubber gunwhale fenders and bow bumper
- Optional spinnaker pack (asymmetric or symmetric) to add speed, take sailing to the next level and increase the fun factor
- Full range of Electronic Servo options which can be added - for sailors of every ability imaginable.
- Length: 16'4ft
- Beam: 6'8ft
- Draft: 3'9ft
- Air draft (mast above water): 23ft
- Weight (hull): 435lb
- Mainsail: 118sqft reefs to 98sq ft
- Jib: 41sq ft
- Spinnaker (optional):
- Asymmetric 150sq ft
- Symmetric: 113sq ft
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
Product Reviews (1)
Love this boat. Had to Chrysler Mutineer for 30 years sailing on a large lake and just the centerboard limited our ventures out. With the keel on our Connect we head out on a lot windier and wavier waters. Also a small motor get us back to the dock when the wind dies. A lot of fun and can easily get lots of our guests out or sail alone. Definitely would buy another one!
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $99. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.