Working at West Coast Sailing
Our staff of sailors works hard to grow the sport of sailing by providing excellent products, service, and advice. The members of our team have a variety of backgrounds, yet we all share a goal of advancing our professional aspirations. Our employees are actively involved in the sailing community and we are looking for an individual who is as passionate about sailing as we are. We work hard to make West Coast Sailing the largest and most respected small sailboat company in the world. Click here to learn more about us!
Join A Dedicated Team
We are a hardworking group of a dozen sailors who have built a company to serve fellow sailors. We sell sailboats, parts, accessories, apparel and more from manufacturers around the world. The members of our team have a variety of backgrounds, but all share a goal of learning, growing and advancing themselves. Our employees are involved in the sailing community and we are looking for people passionate about sailing to join our team. Click here to meet our Team!
Proudly Based in the Pacific Northwest
Our headquarters is in Portland, Oregon, and yes, everything you’ve heard about our fair city is true… It’s a fun, outdoor focused, livable and laid back city that fits our lifestyles very well. We are a 1-2 hour drive from, the ocean, mountains, skiing, kayaking, rafting, mountain biking and of course world class sailing – all in our backyard.
Who We Are Looking For
West Coast Sailing is seeking creative and passionate individuals to join our team. We are looking for sailors with deep understanding of the sport, a passion to learn more about it, and help customers enjoy the water. We pride ourselves on outstanding service, quality products, and helpful information. You’ve got to want to learn and take leadership of things – this isn’t an environment to sit back and be told what to do.
The Values That Matter
- Be friendly, want to learn, and be driven to do your best work of your life.
- A deep connection to, and passion for sailing.
- Very solid computer skills (the usual programs) and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Strong communication skills, with customers, co-workers and in meetings.
- Be coachable. We won’t hold your hand, but you’ll get a lot of rope to do big things.
Refer A New Hire & Get a $250 West Coast Sailing Gift Card
Want to earn a cool $250 to spend at West Coast Sailing? Check in with your personal network and refer someone to an open position. All of our job postings are available as easily sharable PDF documents, or you can share this web page. If we hire the person you refer to us, we'll send you a $250 West Coast Sailing gift card good towards anything we sell. Help spread the word about these opportunities so we can continue to provide the industry leading service and support you've come to expect when shopping with West Coast Sailing.
Currently Hiring: Fleet Sales Lead
FULL TIME POSITION - PORTLAND, OR
The Fleet Sales Lead is an incredible position for someone who recognizes and values our opportunity to help our sport through strong support of club sailing programs, community sailing centers, and camps.
We are looking for a driven and experienced person who has a passion for sailing and for service. They will listen effectively, match up product offerings to customer needs, and provide rapid responses to inquiries. Beyond just excellent service, this person should have the ability to solve customer problems, put our products and services in front of new groups of people, and plan and execute sales strategies.
We sell 400+ boats per year, primarily in the western portion of North America. This position requires building strong relationships with customers in a large geographic area and with vendors around the world. Much of this work is done independently by the Fleet Sales Lead and some is done in coordination with the rest of our team.
- Quote and sell small sailboats to sailing programs and organizations
- Build pipeline for new customers via phone, email, trade shows, and events
- Provide service before, during, and after the sale, managing full order lifecycle
- Own marketing efforts and strategies, collaborating with marketing and sales teams
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients
- Follow trends to identify new opportunities and maintain awareness of customer needs
- Attend and oversee shows, events, and meetings (some travel required)
Desired Skills and Interests:
- 3+ years of experience in a business environment, balancing independent efforts and teamwork
- 1+ year of sailing experience (experience in sailing education is a plus)
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google suite; working knowledge of ERP, CRM, email marketing, and ecommerce software is a plus.
- Strong written communication skills
Why work at West Coast Sailing?
- Competitive base salary
- Performance incentives
- Company-sponsored health insurance plan
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off (two weeks vacation + one week paid holidays + paid sick time)
- Sailing is fun and our customers like us, which makes this a nice place to work!
Okay, you’re interested, this sounds fun and challenging - how do you apply?
- Email your cover letter & resume to Lauren (Lauren@WestCoastSailing.net)
- Please tell us why you think you’re a good fit for this position.
- Please tell us about your sailing experience.
- Reading all the details is important. Please include your favorite dessert in the subject line of your email.
Click here for PDF Job Description | Posted Sept 1st, 2021
If you interested in a general job application to West Coast Sailing, please send your resume, a cover letter, and a really good joke (seriously, make it good) to: Info@WestCoastSailing.net