Working at West Coast Sailing
Our staff of sailors works hard to grow the sport of sailing by providing excellent products, service, and advice. The members of our team have a variety of backgrounds, yet we all share a goal of advancing our professional aspirations. Our employees are actively involved in the sailing community and we are looking for an individual who is as passionate about sailing as we are. We work hard to make West Coast Sailing the largest and most respected small sailboat company in the world. Click here to learn more about us!
Join Our Dedicated Team
We are a hardworking group of a dozen sailors who have built a company to serve fellow sailors. We sell sailboats, parts, accessories, apparel and more from manufacturers around the world. The members of our team have a variety of backgrounds, but all share a goal of learning, growing and advancing themselves. Our employees are involved in the sailing community and we are looking for people passionate about sailing to join our team. Click here to meet our Team!
Proudly Based in the Pacific Northwest
Our headquarters is in Portland, Oregon, and yes, everything you’ve heard about our fair city is true… It’s a fun, outdoor focused, livable and laid back city that fits our lifestyles very well. We are a 1-2 hour drive from, the ocean, mountains, skiing, kayaking, rafting, mountain biking and of course world class sailing – all in our backyard.
Who We Are Looking For
West Coast Sailing is seeking creative and passionate individuals to join our team. We are looking for sailors with deep understanding of the sport, a passion to learn more about it, and help customers enjoy the water. We pride ourselves on outstanding service, quality products, and helpful information. You’ve got to want to learn and take leadership of things – this isn’t an environment to sit back and be told what to do.
The Values That Matter
- Be friendly, want to learn, and be driven to do your best work of your life.
- A deep connection to, and passion for sailing.
- Very solid computer skills (the usual programs) and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Strong communication skills, with customers, co-workers and in meetings.
- Be coachable. We won’t hold your hand, but you’ll get a lot of rope to do big things.
- Rigging Specialist - Posted September 24th, 2020
- If you interested in a general job application to West Coast Sailing, please send your resume, a cover letter, and a really good joke (seriously, make it good) to: Info@WestCoastSailing.net