We're Hiring for Seasonal Positions!
West Coast Sailing’s mission is simple: help our customers spend more time on the water. Executing this mission takes all kinds of work! Our staff of water recreation enthusiasts spends each day in our office and warehouse working hard to help sailors acquire the boats, parts, apparel, and advice they need. We have fun and enjoy supporting the sailing community.
We need extra help this spring and summer and multiple seasonal positions are available in these areas of work:
- Customer Support (Phone, Email, Showroom Sales & Service)
- Fulfillment (Preparing Mail Order Shipments)
- Warehouse Operations (Boat Pre, Light Manufacturing, Facilities Maintenance)
Pay: Starting at $15-$16/hour
Location: 709 N Columbia Blvd, Portland OR 97217
Timing: Start dates available between March 15 and June 15. Our seasonal positions typically conclude in August or September. There is a possibility of continued employment past those months, based on business needs and employee performance. Most schedules are Monday-Friday, but if you’re willing to work weekends, let us know!
Background and experience we think is a good fit here:
- A friendly attitude and a readiness to pitch in with any activity.
- A passion for helping people.
- Sailing and/or kayaking experience is really helpful for some positions, but we can provide training for other positions.
Okay, I can do that... but why work at West Coast Sailing?
- Gain valuable experience in a multi-faceted e-commerce and retail environment.
- Sailing and kayaking are fun and our customers are nice people.
- Wholesale discounts on all of our products.
- Access to our demo boats for personal use.
- Competitive hourly compensation.
- COVID-19 protocols are in place for staff safety.
Okay, I'm interested, this sounds fun and challenging... how do I apply?
Email your cover letter & resume to our Bookkeeper, Lauren: Accounting@WestCoastSailing.net
In your cover letter, if you have sailing experience, tell us about it. If you don’t, tell us why you think your attitude, skills, and experience are a good fit for our company. Please put the number twenty seven in the subject line of your email so we know you’re paying attention. :)
Working at West Coast Sailing
Our staff of sailors works hard to grow the sport of sailing by providing excellent products, service, and advice. The members of our team have a variety of backgrounds, yet we all share a goal of advancing our professional aspirations. Our employees are actively involved in the sailing community and we are looking for an individual who is as passionate about sailing as we are. We work hard to make West Coast Sailing the largest and most respected small sailboat company in the world. Click here to learn more about us!
Join A Dedicated Team
We are a hardworking group of a dozen sailors who have built a company to serve fellow sailors. We sell sailboats, parts, accessories, apparel and more from manufacturers around the world. The members of our team have a variety of backgrounds, but all share a goal of learning, growing and advancing themselves. Our employees are involved in the sailing community and we are looking for people passionate about sailing to join our team. Click here to meet our Team!
Proudly Based in the Pacific Northwest
Our headquarters is in Portland, Oregon, and yes, everything you’ve heard about our fair city is true… It’s a fun, outdoor focused, livable and laid back city that fits our lifestyles very well. We are a 1-2 hour drive from, the ocean, mountains, skiing, kayaking, rafting, mountain biking and of course world class sailing – all in our backyard.
Who We Are Looking For
West Coast Sailing is seeking creative and passionate individuals to join our team. We are looking for sailors with deep understanding of the sport, a passion to learn more about it, and help customers enjoy the water. We pride ourselves on outstanding service, quality products, and helpful information. You’ve got to want to learn and take leadership of things – this isn’t an environment to sit back and be told what to do.
The Values That Matter
- Be friendly, want to learn, and be driven to do your best work of your life.
- A deep connection to, and passion for sailing.
- Very solid computer skills (the usual programs) and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Strong communication skills, with customers, co-workers and in meetings.
- Be coachable. We won’t hold your hand, but you’ll get a lot of rope to do big things.
Refer A New Hire & Get a $250 West Coast Sailing Gift Card
Want to earn a cool $250 to spend at West Coast Sailing? Check in with your personal network and refer someone to an open position. All of our job postings are available as easily sharable PDF documents, or you can share this web page. If we hire the person you refer to us, we'll send you a $250 West Coast Sailing gift card good towards anything we sell. Help spread the word about these opportunities so we can continue to provide the industry leading service and support you've come to expect when shopping with West Coast Sailing.
- Seasonal Positions - See details above
- If you interested in a general job application to West Coast Sailing, please send your resume, a cover letter, and a really good joke (seriously, make it good) to: Info@WestCoastSailing.net