One of the best family and club day sailors on the market. We sell a lot of these each year as a true workhorse sailing platform. The RS Venture is a modern design, that is both stable as well as comfortable. A competent sailor can single hand it, with room for 5 other adults. Lighter and quicker than older models in this size category - the Venture features clever design features that really make sailing it a joy. Used widely by sailing clubs, camps, and by families all over the US - it's a fun and easy boat to own. For club/instructional use, the Venture takes an instructor and lots of adult or youth students. Furling jib, reefable main, and an oversized rudder allow complete control in any conditions. Available with a unweighted or ballasted centerboard - the Venture is a true workhorse for families and programs who want to move their sailing forward.
- Comfortable seats and ample headroom for all sailors
- Stable at the dock, on a mooring, and while underway
- Surprising performance that is very attainable
- Readily accepts an outboard motor
- Incredible carrying capacity (1200lbs!)
- Forward positioned mast and wide beam yields a very spacious cockpit area
- ’GNAV’ boom vang frees up even more headspace
- Safety & Stability
- Wide, chined hull produces a very stable platform
- Low freeboard for any capsize recovery
- Self bailers and transom flaps let water out quickly
- Optional Mast head float, rub rails and bow bumper for programs
- Significant storage available under seats, foredeck and rear deck
- High quality fiberglass hull built in the UK
- Thick woven GRP skins and 3mm Core-Mat construction and double layered gelcoat
- A ‘single line’ asymmetrical spinnaker option expands the use of the boat beyond the basics of older models - simply
- Options: Customize Your RS Venture
- Ballasted centerboard - 140lb centerboard for increased stability and safety
- Rubber gunwhale protection
- Dacron mainsail fabric
- Spinnaker package
- Mast head float
- Outboard motor mount
- Trapeze pack
- Antifouling bottom paint (when keeping the boat on a mooring)
- Length: 16'4ft
- Beam: 6'8ft
- Draft: 3'9ft
- Air draft (mast above water): 23ft
- Weight (hull): 435lb
- Mainsail: 118sqft (Reefs to 98sq ft)
- Jib: 41sq ft
- Asymmetric Spinnaker: 150sq ft
- Symmetric Spinnaker: 113sq ft
”It’s great! Spacious, good looking, sails well, easy to reef! Being able to get 8 persons in is a real plus for us as well”
- Minorca Sailing
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.