The RS Quest is our most popular Teaching/Training and Family boat - by far. A completely modern design that is both comfortable, simple, strong, and stable - the Quest was an instant classic. By offering a large, self draining cockpit that can fit four adults - the Quest is an easy to trailer, easy to rig, and fun to sail family boat. For programs and yacht clubs - the Quest offers generous space that makes new sailors comfortable. Its confidence inspiring sailing performance allows people to learn the basics of sailing - while also getting experience with asymmetrical spinnakers (an easy add on for this boat). The Quest is just so versatile, durable, and reliable for programs, it’s no wonder hundreds have been sold on the West Coast replacing aged and extremely dated old fiberglass fleets. The Quest can take a small motor, features a furling jib, a high boom, and comfortable seating. Without exaggeration, it’s the best 14’ training / family boat we sell.
- Comfortable Feel
- RS’ industry leading PE3 rotomoulded polyethylene construction
- Built for maximum durability and minimum maintenance
- Exceptionally stable hull at the dock or underway
- Large, self draining, cockpit for up to 4 adults
- Add a foredeck
- Main and furling jib standard
- Asymmetric or symmetrical spinnaker options
- Trapeze option
- Outboard motor bracket available
- Pivoting mast heel for easy rigging
- Hand holds for lifting
- Towing eyes
- Simple Controls
- Jib furler
- Mainsail slab reefing
- 2-part aluminum mast
- Foam filled top mast with optional mast head float
- Simple external halyards and boom controls
- Durable Dacron sails
- Well Built Blades
- Pivoting fiberglass centerboard
- Durable aluminium rudder blade
- Tiller driven ‘lift and lock’ rudder system
- RS Quest Options
- Foredeck with additional storage
- Asymmetric spinnaker
- Mast head flotation system
- Trapeze kit
- Top cover
- Launching dolly
- Road trailer base
- Designer - Jo Richards & RS Sailing
- Length - 14ft 1"
- Beam - 6ft
- Hull Weight - 293lbs
- Sail Area - Mainsail and Jib = 118 sq ft
- Sail Area - Asymmetric Spinnaker = 118 sq ft
- Sail Area - Symmetric Spinnaker = 107 sq ft
- Hull Construction - Comptec PE3 durable polyethylene
- Spars - Aluminium Two-part mast, Aluminium boom, Aluminium Spinnaker Pole
- Main Material - Dacron
- Jib Material - Dacron
- Spinnaker Material - Dynalite Ripstop
- Foils - GRP centreboard and aluminium Lift & Lock rudder
- Deck Fittings - Allen / Selden
”In twenty eight years of teaching sailing and running RYA Centres, the RS Quest is the best all round training dinghy that I have ever sailed, taught in or purchased. An absolute must for any training centre.”
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.