The Quest is a very comfortable, wide, stable and peppy boat to learn to sail on, or take a family for the weekend. Optional accessories like spinnaker and trapeze make this a versatile and durable platform for years of sailing enjoyment.
The RS Quest is our most popular Teaching/Training and Family boat - by far. A completely modern design that is both comfortable, simple, strong, and stable - the Quest was an instant classic. By offering a large, self draining cockpit that can fit four adults - the Quest is an easy to trailer, easy to rig, and fun to sail family boat. For programs and yacht clubs - the Quest offers generous space that makes new sailors comfortable. Its confidence inspiring sailing performance allows people to learn the basics of sailing - while also getting experience with asymmetrical spinnakers (an easy add on for this boat). The Quest is just so versatile, durable, and reliable for programs, it’s no wonder hundreds have been sold on the West Coast replacing aged and extremely dated old fiberglass fleets. The Quest can take a small motor, features a furling jib, a high boom, and comfortable seating. Without exaggeration, it’s the best 14’ training / family boat we sell.
- Industry leading PE3 rotomolded polyethylene construction
- Built for maximum durability and minimum maintenance
- Exceptionally stable hull at the dock or underway
- Large, self draining, cockpit for up to 4 adults
- Add a foredeck
- Main and furling jib standard
- Asymmetric or symmetrical spinnaker options
- Trapeze option
- Outboard motor bracket available
Convenience & Ease of Use
- Pivoting mast heel for easy rigging
- Hand holds for lifting
- Towing eyes
- Jib furler
- Mainsail slab reefing
- 2-part aluminum mast
- Foam filled top mast with optional mast head float
- Simple external halyards and boom controls
- Durable Dacron sails
Well Built Blades
- Pivoting fiberglass centerboard
- Durable aluminium rudder blade
- Tiller driven ‘lift and lock’ rudder system
Add On Options
- Foredeck with additional storage
- Asymmetric spinnaker
- Mast head flotation system
- Trapeze kit
- Top cover
- Launching dolly
- Road trailer base
- Designer - Jo Richards & RS Sailing
- Length - 14 feet 1 inch
- Beam - 6 feet
- Hull Weight - 293 lbs
- Sail Area - Mainsail and Jib = 118 square feet
- Sail Area - Asymmetric Spinnaker = 118 square feet
- Sail Area - Symmetric Spinnaker = 107 square feet
- Hull Construction - Comptec PE3 durable polyethylene
- Spars - Aluminium Two-part mast, Aluminium boom, Aluminium Spinnaker Pole
- Main Material - Dacron
- Jib Material - Dacron
- Spinnaker Material - Dynalite Ripstop
- Foils - GRP centreboard and aluminium Lift & Lock rudder
- Deck Fittings - Allen / Selden
Is the RS Quest the perfect family boat?
Pretty much. In all honesty, this is the 14 foot modern day sailing boat we've always wanted. Stable, roomy, sporty without being complicated durable and almost no maintenance. It can take 4 adults, but can be singlehanded. it has a spinnaker and other options without breaking the bank. This is one of our most favorite models of boats to come out in many years.
Read Our RS Quest FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.