This is one of our favorite boats. Perfect for weekend sailing with the family, the Quest is a stable and comfortable boat that makes learning to sail easy and fun. Optional accessories like a spinnaker and trapeze make this a versatile and durable platform for years of enjoyment.
The RS Quest is our most popular Teaching/Training and Family boat - by far. A completely modern design that is both comfortable, simple, strong, and stable - the Quest was an instant classic. By offering a large, self draining cockpit that can fit four adults - the Quest is an easy to trailer, easy to rig, and fun to sail family boat. For programs and yacht clubs - the Quest offers generous space that makes new sailors comfortable. Its confidence inspiring sailing performance allows people to learn the basics of sailing - while also getting experience with asymmetrical spinnakers (an easy add on for this boat). The Quest is just so versatile, durable, and reliable for programs, it’s no wonder hundreds have been sold on the West Coast replacing aged and extremely dated old fiberglass fleets. The Quest can take a small motor, features a furling jib, a high boom, and comfortable seating. Without exaggeration, it’s the best 14’ training / family boat we sell.
You can also reach us at email@example.com or by calling 503-285-5536 ext2
- Industry leading PE3 rotomolded polyethylene construction
- Built for maximum durability and minimum maintenance
- Exceptionally stable hull at the dock or underway
- Large, self draining, cockpit for up to 4 adults
- Add a foredeck
- Main and furling jib standard
- Asymmetric or symmetrical spinnaker options
- Trapeze option
- Outboard motor bracket available
Convenience & Ease of Use
- Pivoting mast heel for easy rigging
- Hand holds for lifting
- Towing eyes
- Jib furler
- Mainsail slab reefing
- 2-part aluminum mast
- Foam filled top mast with optional mast head float
- Simple external halyards and boom controls
- Durable Dacron sails
Well Built Blades
- Pivoting fiberglass centerboard
- Durable aluminum rudder blade
- Tiller driven ‘lift and lock’ rudder system
Add On Options
- Foredeck with Additional Storage
- Asymmetric Spinnaker
- Mast Float
- Trapeze Kit
- Top Cover
- Launching Dolly
- EZ Loader Road Trailer
- Designer - Jo Richards & RS Sailing
- Length - 14 feet 1 inch
- Beam - 6 feet
- Hull weight (unfitted) – 309 pounds (140Kg)
- Sailing weight - 396 pounds (180kg)
- Sail Area - Mainsail and Jib = 118 square feet
- Sail Area - Asymmetric Spinnaker = 118 square feet
- Sail Area - Symmetric Spinnaker = 107 square feet
- Hull Construction - Comptec PE3 durable polyethylene
- Spars - Aluminum Two-part mast, Aluminum boom, Aluminum Spinnaker Pole
- Main Material - Dacron
- Jib Material - Dacron
- Spinnaker Material - Dynalite Ripstop
- Foils - GRP centerboard and aluminum Lift & Lock rudder
- Deck Fittings - Allen / Selden
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.