The Cat 16 represents all the clever RS thinking, into two hulls. Through beam mountings, single or double trapeze.
The RS Cat 16 is high performance cat sailing - with the benefits of zero maintenance, modern polyethylene hull construction. It’s not a small boat, yet the Cat 16 punches above its weight in features and design. From the dreadnaught bow design, to the ingeniously strong Hull+Beam attachments... the Cat 16 is a lot more than it looks. Featuring multiple sail options, single or double trapeze, the Cat 16 can be singlehanded up to medium breezes, and can blast around with friend or family in everything else. The Cat 16 is a wide and stable, but fast, beach cat for use in recreation or training environments year after year.
You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 503-285-5536 ext2
- Two Models Available
- RS CAT16 S: Main and Jib
- RS CAT16 XL: Main, Jib, and Gennaker
- Sail Singlehanded or with Crew
- Exciting for a single-handed adult
- Space for the family
- Blast across the bay and then picnic on a beach
- High Performance and Easy Handling
- Designed by innovative multihull expert Jo Richards
- Easy handling with stable, buoyant hulls
- Practical features make life easy for novices through experienced sailors
- Concave deck creates secure sitting area
- Lift & Lock rudder system
- Convenient Storage and Transportation
- Practical moulded-in handholds make moving the boat easy on shore
- Highly Durable with Low Maintenance
- Hull & Beam attachment system is stronger, with no holes through the skin of the boat. No weak points and no leaks.
- Beam and shroud bolts secure into stainless steel bars in channels on either side of the hulls
- RS Comptec PE3 construction - the industries most advantaged three layer rotomolding
- Durable UV stabilized outer skin, middle foam layer for stiffness, strong inner skin
- RS manufacturing enables additional thickness in high load areas
- Built in buoyancy from thick foam layer
- Strongest fittings attachment - including a through-bolted rudder attachment
- Basically maintenance free
- Safety Features
- Toe straps above and below tramps to assist capsize righting
- Capsize righting line in under-tramp stowage bag
- Knife stowage under tramp
- Construction: 3 Layer Comptec PE3 Hull
- Length: 15'6" (4.7m)
- Beam: 7'9" (2.35m)
- Hull Weight (each): 95lb (42kg)
- Sailing Weight: 308lb (140kg)
- Capacity: 1-3
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.