You’ve probably heard us say ‘Zest is Best’, and we mean it. Packed with a kick up centerboard and rudder, furling mainsail, and an optional jib- all put together with a nearly indestructible rotomolded hull the Zest quickly became a bestseller around the world for all it offers.
The RS Zest has become a staple to sailing programs and families the world over since its initial launch in 2018. Ideal for yacht clubs with learn to sail programs, community sailing centers, and families looking for something super simple but still lively and fun. With a large open cockpit, suitable for one or two young sailors, the Zest builds confidence and allows kids the opportunity to to work their way up from inside the boat to hiking on the rail. Zest also comes equipped with an innovative mast step that makes stepping the rig easy, the mast will lock into place and stay secure even in the event of a capsize. This virtually maintenance free boat has the fantastic modern design the dinghy category has been needing- the Zest engages young sailors and is a perfect addition to any fleet or family looking for their next boat.
Space & Safety
- Industry leading cockpit design allows for sailors to sit inside the boat or on the rail
- Simple rigging builds confidence for young sailors, but still fun for adults to enjoy
- Wide beam and low center of gravity in the hull makes the Zest incredibly stable
- Boat is equipped with grab handles on the chine, making getting aboard much easier in the event of a capsize
- Easy to step mast
- Mast secures in place with mechanical lock
- Lock Up & Lock Down kick up rudder system
- Pivoting Centerboard
- Roller furling mainsail
- High visibility sail colors
- Built in tow points, easy to tow six boats
Low Maintenance with Great Durability
- Comptec PE3 construction state of the art three layer rotomoulding system
- Toughest outer skin, a middle foam layer, with a strong inner skin
- Additional thickness in high load areas
- Reduces overall weight for better sailing - every RS Zest offers the best performance and most rewarding handling
- Maximum use of shape to distribute loads and remove need for bolt on reinforcements
- Built in buoyancy from thick foam layer
- Strongest fittings attachment - brass inserts moulded into the hull structure
- Virtually maintenance free
RS Zest Accessories
- Small Jib
- Rowing kit (oars and oarlocks)
- Top cover
- Launching trolley
- Highway trailer
- Length - 11 feet 8 inches
- Beam - 4 feet 10 inches
- Hull Weight - 150 lbs
- Sail Area (Mainsail & Jib) - 71.5 square feet
- Mainsail (Dacron, reefable) - 59 square feet
- Jib (Dacron) - 12.5 square feet
- Hull construction - Comptec PE3 durable polyethylene
- Mast - 2-part aluminum alloy, foam filled top
- Boom - Aluminium alloy
- Rudder Blade - Polypropylene
- Rudder Stock - Moulded glass/nylon lift and lock system/li>
- Tiller Extension - Aluminium alloy
- Centerboard - Polypropylene, pivoting
How does the furling work on the Zest, and how does that compare to other boats in its class?
Furling on the Zest is super easy. Unclip the vang, easy the outhaul and twist the mast once, twice, three times or as much as you need for the wind and sailor experience levels. Then tension the outhaul, clip the vang back on and off you go. It's one of the easiest furling boats we sell.
Read All RS Zest Common Questions & Answers
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
CURRENT LEAD TIME & AVAILABILITY
Due to the high demand for sailboat and kayak products, the team at West Coast Sailing is working hard to bring in as much inventory as possible. We receive multiple shipments over the course of the year with our allocated number of specific models and colors. Current lead time and availability information for specific sailboat and kayak models is posted on our website:
Lead Time Table (opens in new tab)
Depending on current on hand stock and/or estimated availability, this model may be available for purchase online. Please review the following stock status information:
- Availability: IN STOCK - This indicates the option selected is physically in stock at our warehouse in Portland, OR for immediate shipping or in store pickup. Our team will contact you within one business day of receiving your order to discuss these details.
- Availability: PRE ORDER - This indicates the option selected is on one of our next shipments but has not yet be received. The estimated availability date for new preorders is listed on our Lead Time Table, which is updated weekly. Placing an order will reserve your spot in the queue for next availability, which is subject to change.
- Availability: SOLD OUT - This indicates the option selected is not currently available for preorder due to extended or unknown lead time, For an update on future availability, please see our Lead Time Table or contact our team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.