The RS Zest has been a runaway success since it’s 2018 launch. This is a lively, fun, and super simple boat that sells in droves to yacht clubs, community programs and families all over North America. The Zest combines a lot of innovation into a small and unassuming boat. Firstly, the cockpit space is significantly greater than in previous boats in this class - one or two young sailors fit easily. A clever mast design that clicks into place - while also spinning to furl the mainsail in seconds. Of course, it’s rotomolded polyethylene - so it’s close to maintenance free. Confidence inspiring and easy enough for the youngest sailors to go out and play - the Zest engages families on a lake, learn to sail programs, and yacht clubs looking for an alternative to 50+ year old fiberglass designs.
- Space and Safety
- Class leading crew space with a choice of secure inner and outboard seating areas
- ‘3-stage sitting positions’ build confidence as skills grow
- Easy for young sailors to handle yet can fit an adult easily enough
- Wide and low hull make it very stable
- Molded-in grab points for sailors to get aboard in case of capsize
- Practical Features
- Ingenious mast step system
- Clunk-Click mast gate lock. Simple and Safe.
- Lock-Up & Lock-Down rudder system (including Kick-Up grounding system). Simple and Strong
- Fully enclosed pivoting centerboard. User-friendly and reduced damage risks
- Roller furling main easy reefing from on board or an instructor
- High visibility sail color
- Built-in tow points makes towing 6 boats possible
- Modern & Fun
- Actual modern design and styling
- Low Maintenance with Great Durability
- Comptec PE3 construction state of the art three layer rotomoulding system
- Toughest outer skin, a middle foam layer, with a strong inner skin
- Additional thickness in high load areas
- Reduces overall weight for better sailing - every RS Zest offers the best performance and most rewarding handling
- Maximum use of shape to distribute loads and remove need for bolt on reinforcements
- Built in buoyancy from thick foam layer
- Strongest fittings attachment - brass inserts moulded into the hull structure
- Virtually maintenance free
- RS Zest Accessories
- Small Jib
- Rowing kit (oars & oarlocks)
- Top cover
- Launching trolley
- Highway trailer
- Length - 3.59m (11'9")
- Beam - 1.47m (4'10")
- Hull Weight - 68kg (150lbs)
- Sail area – mainsail and jib - 6.9m² (71.5ft²)
- Mainsail – Dacron, reefable - 5.7m² (59ft²)
- Jib – Dacron - 1.2m² (12.5ft²)
- Hull construction - Comptec PE3 durable polyethylene
- Mast - 2-part aluminium alloy, foam filled top
- Boom - Aluminium alloy
- Rudder Blade - Polypropylene
- Rudder Stock - Moulded glass/nylon – lift & lock system
- Tiller Extension - Aluminium alloy
- Centreboard - Polypropylene, pivoting
”Having the versatility to use a dinghy for adult tuition one day and kids tasters the next. The RS Zest allows us to go sailing comfortably with the kids three-up on those days when we get tight on kit.”
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.