Meet Zest. Durable plastic hull, kick up centerboard and rudder. Furling mainsail. High and dry seating. Optional Jib. The Zest quickly became a bestseller around the world for all it offers.
The RS Zest has been a runaway success since it’s 2018 launch. This is a lively, fun, and super simple boat that sells in droves to yacht clubs, community programs and families all over North America. The Zest combines a lot of innovation into a small and unassuming boat. Firstly, the cockpit space is significantly greater than in previous boats in this class - one or two young sailors fit easily. A clever mast design that clicks into place - while also spinning to furl the mainsail in seconds. Of course, it’s rotomolded polyethylene - so it’s close to maintenance free. Confidence inspiring and easy enough for the youngest sailors to go out and play - the Zest engages families on a lake, learn to sail programs, and yacht clubs looking for an alternative to 50+ year old fiberglass designs.
Space & Safety
- Class leading crew space with a choice of secure inner and outboard seating areas
- 3-stage sitting positions’ build confidence as skills grow
- Easy for young sailors to handle yet can fit an adult easily enough
- Wide and low hull make it very stable
- Molded-in grab points for sailors to get aboard in case of capsize
- Ingenious mast step system
- Clunk-Click mast gate lock. Simple and Safe
- Lock-Up & Lock-Down rudder system (including Kick-Up grounding system). Simple and Strong
- Fully enclosed pivoting centerboard. User-friendly and reduced damage risks
- Roller furling main easy reefing from on board or an instructor
- High visibility sail color
- Built-in tow points makes towing 6 boats possible
Modern & Fun
- Actual modern design and styling
Low Maintenance with Great Durability
- Comptec PE3 construction state of the art three layer rotomoulding system
- Toughest outer skin, a middle foam layer, with a strong inner skin
- Additional thickness in high load areas
- Reduces overall weight for better sailing - every RS Zest offers the best performance and most rewarding handling
- Maximum use of shape to distribute loads and remove need for bolt on reinforcements
- Built in buoyancy from thick foam layer
- Strongest fittings attachment - brass inserts moulded into the hull structure
- Virtually maintenance free
RS Zest Accessories
- Small Jib
- Rowing kit (oars and oarlocks)
- Top cover
- Launching trolley
- Highway trailer
- Length - 11 feet 8 inches
- Beam - 4 feet 10 inches)
- Hull Weight - 150 lbs
- Sail Area (Mainsail & Jib) - 71.5 square feet
- Mainsail (Dacron, reefable) - 59 square feet
- Jib (Dacron) - 12.5 square feet
- Hull construction - Comptec PE3 durable polyethylene
- Mast - 2-part aluminium alloy, foam filled top
- Boom - Aluminium alloy
- Rudder Blade - Polypropylene
- Rudder Stock - Moulded glass/nylon lift and lock system/li>
- Tiller Extension - Aluminium alloy
- Centreboard - Polypropylene, pivoting
How does the furling work on the Zest, and how does that compare to other boats in its class?
Furling on the Zest is super easy. Unclip the vang, easy the outhaul and twist the mast once, twice, three times or as much as you need for the wind and sailor experience levels. Then tension the outhaul, clip the vang back on and off you go. It's one of the easiest furling boats we sell.
Read Our RS Zest FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.