The Tera has taken the West Coast by storm since 2015. A modern, durable, simple, safe yet fun youth trainer. Compared to older ‘traditional’ youth boats, the RS Tera offers good performance in a confidence inspiring package - it's also exceeding low maintenance compared to fiberglass boats. Now in use all over North America by youth racing programs, community sailing centers, camps, and learn to sail programs - the RS Tera is a cost effective and fun boat for young sailors. If recreational sailing is all you want to do, the boat is quick to setup, easy to handle on shore, and fully self bailing while sailing. The Tera is available in two sail options, one that can be reefed easily - allowing sail area to match the wind conditions. An incredibly safe and accessible boat, it can be righted from a capsize by sailors as light as 60 pounds - unlike older designs that require outside assistance from a coach boat to be emptied of water. If racing is of interest for you or your program, this boat has an active North American Class, focused on the West Coast of the North America.
If your program is considering the Tera, now is the perfect time to reach out. For a limited time RS Sailing and West Coast Sailing are teaming up to promote new Tera fleets. New fleets purchasing three or more Teras are eligible to receive a spare Pro Sail with each Tera purchased. That's nearly a $700 value for each boat! The Pro Sail is a great way to extend the utility of the Tera. For older or more experienced sailors it's a great way to give the boat some extra performance or for larger beginners the additional sail area can be just what it takes to get them hooked on the sport. Contact us today for more information.
- Simple and Safe
- Easy to sail - chined hull form, stable and well behaved in all conditions.
- Easy to sail, stable and well mannered in all conditions.
- Fun for all - responsive in light winds and yet planes easily in a breeze.
- Very modern - great looks, super low maintenance and contemporary sailing rig.
- Safe - unsinkable, strong and clean layout
- Capsize friendly - self draining cockpit is righted by the smallest sailors
- Convenient and Easy to use
- Sets up in minutes - no sail ties or rigging manuals needed
- Transportable - light enough to *easily* car top.
- Stores easily, can be stacked and racked up almost anywhere.
- Super Strong - maintenance free construction.
- Small enough for a 60lb youngster.
- Big enough for sailors up to ~140lbs.
- Fits two small kids for social sailing.
- Youngsters can launch and recover without help.
- Great Durability and Low Maintenance
- Polyethelene (PE3) construction built with state of the art three layer rotomoulding.
- Toughest outer skin - middle foam layer for stiffness - strong inner skin.
- RS build process enables additional thickness in high load areas for extra life.
- Built in buoyancy from thick foam layer.
- Strongest fittings attachment - brass inserts molded into the hull structure.
- Virtually maintenance free!
- Best Value
- RS quality - years of innovation and investment in the best tooling in the industry
- Affordable - price competitive with any other boat on the market
RS TERA ‘Sport’ & RS TERA ‘Pro’
- The same boat, with the same mast, fits two sail sizes depending on sailor weight and skill.
- RS Tera Sport Specifications
- Perfect for juniors and small adults from 60lbs+.
- Sport Sail: 38 sq ft reefing half battened.
- Easy to store sail furled on mast.
- RS Tera Pro Specifications
- Perfect for juniors and small adults from 88lbs (40kg).
- 50sq ft fully battened Mylar Pro Sail.
- Light and powerful.
- Rowing Kit available
- Uses the same mast as the Sport
- Auto ratchet mainsheet block
- Length: 9'5"
- Beam: 4'
- Weight: 72lbs
- Sport Reefing Sail: 38 square feet
- Pro Battened Sail: 50 square feet
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
”Safer, non-swamping, self-bailing, kid-right-able, faster, more fun, durable, comfortable, and affordable boats are finally available. This realization is quickly gaining acceptance.”
- California – USA
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.