When an older fiberglass design boat doesn't excite you, and you aren't racing... look at the Neo. Modern rigging, no maintenence hull - all designed as a package to make your sailing easy and exciting.
A combination of boats - a sporty and fun singlehander - which is also durable and easy to own. The Neo is an inexpensive boat compared to other fiberglass options. Go faster than you'd expect, without spending double the amount on a race boat. Composite spars and advanced sail design on a stable and easily driven hull combine with the strong, low maintenance Rotomolded plastic construction. The Neo is a niche boat that’s accessible, affordable, and keeps things exciting.
- Carbon composite spars, light and responsive
- Two part mast that fits inside the cockpit for storage
- Easily car-toppable
- Rigs in 10-15 minutes
- Radial cut Dacron sail
- Powerful sail controls for different sailors and wind conditions
- User-Friendly Hull
- Small yet rather stable - a nice blend
- Cockpit has room for two small adults or two kids
- Wide gunwales to cut some spray and help lifting the boat
- Highly Durable
- RS Comptec PE3 sandwich construction
- Impact resistant outer skin
- Thickness variation matched to high load areas
- Strong, molded-in brass fittings for hardware attachment points
- Effectively zero maintenance
- Class Leading Cockpit
- Self draining
- Ergonomically shaped for comfort
- Quick lock mast gate - easy and fast to raise the mast
- Hiking straps included
- Works for individuals and clubs
- RS Neo Accessories
- Top cover breathable
- Launching trolley/dolly
- Road trailer combi base
- Padded rudder bag
- Padded daggerboard bag
- Wind indicator
- Length - 3.53m (11'5")
- Beam - 1.42m (4'6")
- Hull Weight - 60kg (132lbs)
- Sail configuration - Radial cut Dacron mainsail
- Sail Area - 6m² (65ft²)
- Spar Set - 2-piece carbon fiber
- Boom- Carbon fiber
I have an old Laser, is this the boat I should be looking at instead?
You figured it out - exactly. This is that boat... plastic, modern, way more durable, easier to own, zero maintenance with room for a second person most of the time.
Read Our RS Neo FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and (relatively) inexpensively via direct delivery, contracted driver, or LTL shipment. Shipping rates and methods vary based on where you are located but will be calculated in the shopping cart once you enter a shipping address. To discuss shipping rates and methods prior to placing your order, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
CURRENT LEAD TIME & AVAILABILITY
Due to the high demand for sailboat and kayak products, the team at West Coast Sailing is working hard to bring in as much inventory as possible. We receive multiple shipments over the course of the year with our allocated number of specific models and colors. Current and future availability changes often and we make every effort to post updates to our website.
For the most up to date information or to place a deposit, please contact our team at email@example.com
- Availability: IN STOCK - This indicates the option selected is physically in stock at our warehouse in Portland, OR for immediate shipping or in store pickup. Our team will contact you within one business day of receiving your order to discuss these details.
- Availability: PRE ORDER - This indicates the option selected is on one of our next shipments but has not yet be received. Please contact our team to place a deposit.
- Availability: SOLD OUT - This indicates the option selected is not currently available for preorder due to extended or unknown lead time.
If you see the 'ADD TO WISH LIST' button only (no 'ADD TO CART' button), this means the product is SOLD OUT. Please contact for details.