The Aero started a revolution when it was released in 2015. Within two years, it was hosting Worlds with 100+ boats. This is truly the first singhlanded boat we’ve sold that has generated true excitement and passion out of the gate. The Aero offers more to like the more you get to know it. It is incredibly light - with a hull weight of 66lbs (less than any boat we sell, and half the weight of other boats in the size range). It has a full epoxy hull with carbon reinforcement - a carbon mast and boom, carbon foils and a very modern sailplan. At an 88lb fully rigged sailing weight, the Aero is ~50lbs(!) less than the hulls of other singlehanders. That lightness creates a sailing sensation that isn’t replicated anywhere else. The Aero will refine your skills, and reminds customers the world over why they got into dinghy sailing in the first place. With three rig options, men, women, and kids can experience the joy of a modern dinghy designed in the 21st century. Thousands sold worldwide, with close to 400 in the US by 2019. There are ~150 just on the West Coast of North America, from Vancouver to San Diego.
RS Sailing and West Coast Sailing are teaming up to help grow Aero fleets on the West Coast. For a limited time when three new Aero owners purchase boats together each sailor will be eligible for a $500 credit towards RS accessories ordered with their new boat.
Contact us today for additional information.
Be sure to checkout these great regattas scheduled for 2019.
- 13-14: Puget Sound Spring Regatta (Corinthian Yacht Club, Seattle WA)
- 13-14: Big Dinghy Regatta (Richmond Yacht Club, San Francisco, CA)
- 4-5: Santa Barbara Cinco De Mayo Regatta (Santa Barbara Sailing Club, Santa Barbara, CA)
- 18-19: Lake Yosemite Spring Regatta (Lake Yosemite Sailing Association, Merced, CA)
- 28-30: North American Championships (Columbia Gorge Racing Association, Cascade Locks, OR)
- 13-14: High Sierra Regatta (Fresno Yacht Club, Huntington Lake, CA)
- 21-22: Totally Dinghy Regatta (Richmond Yacht Club, San Francisco, CA)
- 5-6: Puget Sound Sailing Championships (Corinthian Yacht Club, Seattle, WA)
- 16-17: Turkey Bowl Regatta (Corinthian Yacht Club, Seattle, WA)
- Hull Design
- Chined hull design for stability at speed
- Knife edge bow for upwind performance
- Tapered width to reduce weight, while offering max width for righting moment
- Reinforced mast step, with collar and with drain hole and integrated wear protector
- Three Rig System
- Dynamic three rig system for different sailor weights & conditions
- 2-piece carbon mast section with interchangeable lower mast (Same setup as other popular dinghies)
- Top mast and boom are the same for all rigs
- Mast track and halyard for ease of raising sail in any conditions
- Modern composite mast allows for significant depowering in windy conditions
- Vang, Cunningham, and Outhaul controls led to side decks for easy access
- Sails & Blades
- High denier Dacron sail fabric for shape and long life
- Glass/Carbon blades are CNC milled
- Vertical daggerboard for ease of use and minimal drag
- Powerful rudder blade design gives endless control
- Epoxy glass & carbon composite construction with a foam core
- Everything non-essential removed to reduce weight and add durability
- CNC machined tooling for maximum control over shape and symmetry
- Designer: Jo Richards/RS Sailing
- Length: 13' 2"
- Beam: 4' 7"
- Hull Weight: 66lbs
- Construction: Epoxy glass & carbon composite - foam core
- Mast: 2-part carbon composite
- Boom: Carbon composite
- Foils: Epoxy composite - foam core
”Just like to say after 4 days excellent sailing, I think this boat is great…meets all my requirements, light, responsive, testing but manageable…you deserve to sell these all over the world.”
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.