The RS 21 came to the USA in fall 2018. It is a boat that appeals to both individuals looking for a modern racing platform - as well as clubs/programs and fleets looking for a reasonably priced small keelboat. The RS 21 incorporates features that no other keelboat on the market has. From being built of sustainable materials, to it’s ingeniously integrated electric motor - to the class rules that prevent an ‘arms race’ of ever escalating costs - the 21 puts close and competent racing over ultimate performance.
Overarching Design Goals
- Progressive design for simple and affordable individual, club, and syndicate ownership
- Robust and simple to maintain, keeping the ownership cost low
- Sustainable aspects designed and built in - a true first in keelboats
- Eco-friendly construction using bio derived resins and recycled core materials
- Contemporary styling - it doesn’t look like anything else
- Maximum waterline length
- Balanced rocker line for good performance across the wind range
- Pronounced chines for form stability as the boat heels - they also shed water for a drier ride
- Lifting bulb keel with portable internal keel crane
- Composite transom hung removable rudder
- Carbon tiller and long extension
- Large open cockpit with comfortable space for crew
- Open transom for draining
- Sail controls allow handling by two crew
- Minimal obstructions in cockpit for maximum comfort
- Forward hatch for stowage of sails etc within the boat
- Midboom mainsheet system can be trimmed by helm or crew
- Rear kick bars give ergonomic and secure positions for all crew
- No-hiking rule aids racing enjoyment, communication, and widens strategic input
- Deck designed to allow one hull to stack on another for efficient event transport and improved sustainability aspects
- Carbon composite mast reduces weight aloft to improve handling
- Light weight and pivoting mast able to raise manually
- Simple aluminum boom
- Carbon bowsprit
- Quick to rig - 30 minutes from trailer to water
- Two Sail Options
- Mainsail with single slab reef system
- Trouble free hanked-on jib
Sail Handling Systems
- Simple layout with clearly understandable controls
- Large gennaker bag for efficient hoists / drops
Electric Propulsion System (optional)
- Torqeedo motor system integrated into hull
- Sits almost invisibly behind the keel / under the mainsheet system
- Rechargeable battery pack with central control pod
Electronics / Innovative Community
- Built-in data logger capable of sending info to a remote online site
- Allows communication between owners, crew and all participants
- Share anonymized data - compare performance, learn, improve
- Speed / depth functions display
- Spinnaker optional on club rigged boats
- Mast head wind indicator
- Designer - Richards / Whitehouse / RS Sailing
- Length - 6.34m (20'11")
- Beam - 2.20m (7'3")
- Draught - 1.38m (4'6")
- Displacement - 675kg (1485lbs)
- Hull construction - Eco-friendly composite
- Keel - Lifting – with bulb
- Rudder - Removable – composite
- Mainsail area – Race - 16.2m²
- Mainsail area – Club - 15.1m²
- Jib area – Race - 7.7m²
- Jib area – Club - 6.6m²
- Gennaker area - 35m²
- Spinnaker area - 30m²
- Code zero area - 25m²
- Mast - Two-part carbon composite
- Shrouds & Forestay - Stainless steel wire
- Halyards – Main, jib, gennaker - Dyneema/polyester
- Boom - Aluminium alloy
- Bowsprit - Carbon composite
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.