A great boat for clubs, camps and programs looking for more. More performance, more skills growth in a small and tidy package.
This boat takes the enjoyment and handling associated with beach cats to a new level. Stiffness and balance defy the cost-effective durability of the RS CAT14’s construction – making the boat perfect, not only for training and recreational sailing, but also as a true performance pathway class. We’re excited – and we think you will be too! The design protected system for joining the beams to RS CAT hulls gives increased stiffness compared to other rotomolded catamarans, with the added bonus of allowing the boat to be disassembled quickly for storage or transport. Durability : Convenience : Excitement – the hallmarks of the RS CATs
- Two Models Available
- RS CAT14 S: Mainsail only
- RS CAT16 XL: Main, Jib, and Single Trapeze
- Stiffness and Maneuverability – sparkling performance & easy handling
- Novice to expert capabilities for young and youthful sailors
- Crisp, easy handling from the stiff platform leads to exciting performance
- Practical features to make sailing convenient and fun
- High buoyancy hulls give reserve stability and forgiving handling
- Concave deck creates secure sitting area
- Lift & lock – simple & secure rudder system
- Designed by innovative multihull expert Jo Richards and the RS development team
- Singlehanded or with crew
- Exciting single-handed – great for two youngsters or a small groups
- Blast across the bay – performance pathway
- One, two or three sails to suit experience and performance level aims
- Efficient gennaker chute system for simple hoists & drops
- Storage and transport convenience
- Fast assembly & separation allows storage in restricted space
- Quick to rig – simple and robust
- Practical moulded-in handholds make moving the boat easy on shore
- Greatest durability – lowest maintenance
- NEW – Hull & beam securing system without holes through the skin of the boat – no sealant required
- Beam and shroud bolts secure into stainless-steel bars in channels on either side of the hulls
- Exceptionally strong, simple and fast assembly – just 15 minutes using only one spanner
- RS Comptec PE3 construction– state of the art three layer rotomoulding system
- Toughest outer skin – middle foam layer for stiffness – strong inner skin
- RS process leads the way & enables additional thickness in high load areas
- Reduced overall weight for better sailing – every RS offers the best performance and most rewarding handling
- Built in buoyancy from thick foam layer
- Strongest fittings attachment – through-bolted rudder systems
- Super-strong RS transom & rudder fitting structure
- Virtually maintenance free
- Construction: 3 Layer Comptec PE3 Hull
- Length: 14 feet
- Beam: 7 feet
- Hull Weight (each): 95 lbs
- Sailing Weight: 275 lbs
- Capacity: 1-2
How does the RS CAT 14 compare to a Hobie Wave?
They are similar in some ways, and very different in others. Think of the Cat 14 as the high tech, very modern fast catamaran. The Wave is more about lazy days sailing with friends on a very simple and docile boat. The Cat 14 is designed to go faster, with more controls and more sail area to match.
Read Our RS CAT 14 FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.