This boat takes the enjoyment and handling associated with beach cats to a new level. Stiffness and balance defy the cost-effective durability of the RS CAT14’s construction – making the boat perfect, not only for training and recreational sailing, but also as a true performance pathway class. We’re excited – and we think you will be too! The design protected system for joining the beams to RS CAT hulls gives increased stiffness compared to other rotomolded catamarans, with the added bonus of allowing the boat to be disassembled quickly for storage or transport. Durability : Convenience : Excitement – the hallmarks of the RS CATs
- Two Models Available
- RS CAT14 S: Mainsail only
- RS CAT16 XL: Main, Jib, and Single Trapeze
- Stiffness and Maneuverability – sparkling performance & easy handling
- Novice to expert capabilities for young and youthful sailors
- Crisp, easy handling from the stiff platform leads to exciting performance
- Practical features to make sailing convenient and fun
- High buoyancy hulls give reserve stability and forgiving handling
- Concave deck creates secure sitting area
- Lift & lock – simple & secure rudder system
- Designed by innovative multihull expert Jo Richards and the RS development team
- Singlehanded or with crew
- Exciting single-handed – great for two youngsters or a small groups
- Blast across the bay – performance pathway
- One, two or three sails to suit experience and performance level aims
- Efficient gennaker chute system for simple hoists & drops
- Storage and transport convenience
- Fast assembly & separation allows storage in restricted space
- Quick to rig – simple and robust
- Practical moulded-in handholds make moving the boat easy on shore
- Greatest durability – lowest maintenance
- NEW – Hull & beam securing system without holes through the skin of the boat – no sealant required
- Beam and shroud bolts secure into stainless-steel bars in channels on either side of the hulls
- Exceptionally strong, simple and fast assembly – just 15 minutes using only one spanner
- RS Comptec PE3 construction– state of the art three layer rotomoulding system
- Toughest outer skin – middle foam layer for stiffness – strong inner skin
- RS process leads the way & enables additional thickness in high load areas
- Reduced overall weight for better sailing – every RS offers the best performance and most rewarding handling
- Built in buoyancy from thick foam layer
- Strongest fittings attachment – through-bolted rudder systems
- Super-strong RS transom & rudder fitting structure
- Virtually maintenance free
- Construction: 3 Layer Comptec PE3 Hull
- Length: 14 feet
- Beam: 7 feet
- Hull Weight (each): 95 lbs
- Sailing Weight: 275 lbs
- Capacity: 1-2
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.