One of the best double handed boats around. Gorgeous lines, easy to control rig, and balance in all conditions.
The quintessential doublehanded adult race boat with spinnaker. The RS 200 rewards technique over pure physicality, allowing a wider range of sailors to stay competitive. Built to the highest specifications to ensure a lifetime of fun and dependability. The RS 200 is one of the most successful double handed race classes of the modern era responds to finesse and dedication rather than physique to allow couples and young teams share the action.The 200 is a very unique boat with main, jib and spinnaker for serious fun for two regular sized people. On the open sea or the smallest of lakes, the success of the RS200 is proof that it is by far one of the most popular boats sailed today. Exciting performance, responsive handling and a fantastic circuit make the RS200 a legendary doublehander that everyone wants to sail.
- Spacious and deep cockpit for comfortable hiking.
- Adjustable hiking straps.
- Thwart gives the crew a comfortable light wind position.
- Open transom virtually self drains after a capsize and a molded auto-bailer quickly removes water
- Super strong hull laminate ensures a long competitive life and trouble free sailing.
- Pivoting centerboard and rudder for easy launching and recovery
- GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
- Responsive and advanced rig gives a broad competitive weight range and improved handling
- Mylar mainsail has ultra-soft full-length battens to reduce "ragging" to extend sail life.
- Dacron jib is easy to "read" in light winds. Sheet loads are very low, so even the lightest of sailors enjoy the ride.
- Asymmetric spinnaker with single line hoist and drop system.
- Length: 13' 0"
- Hull weight: 172lb
- Sail area main / jib 124 sq ft
- Sail area spinnaker 89sq ft
- Hull: Polyester GRP with Coremat
- Spars: Aluminum alloy
- Sails: Mylar fully battened mainsail. Dacron jib. Twin patch cross cut spinnaker.
- Foils: Pivoting centerboard and rudder.
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
CURRENT LEAD TIME & AVAILABILITY
Due to the high demand for sailboat and kayak products, the team at West Coast Sailing is working hard to bring in as much inventory as possible. We receive multiple shipments over the course of the year with our allocated number of specific models and colors. Current lead time and availability information for specific sailboat and kayak models is posted on our website:
Lead Time Table (opens in new tab)
Depending on current on hand stock and/or estimated availability, this model may be available for purchase online. Please review the following stock status information:
- Availability: IN STOCK - This indicates the option selected is physically in stock at our warehouse in Portland, OR for immediate shipping or in store pickup. Our team will contact you within one business day of receiving your order to discuss these details.
- Availability: PRE ORDER - This indicates the option selected is on one of our next shipments but has not yet be received. The estimated availability date for new preorders is listed on our Lead Time Table, which is updated weekly. Placing an order will reserve your spot in the queue for next availability, which is subject to change.
- Availability: SOLD OUT - This indicates the option selected is not currently available for preorder due to extended or unknown lead time, For an update on future availability, please see our Lead Time Table or contact our team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.