A fast, fun, and modern plastic sailboat for kids. The O'pen Bic introduces young sailors to the excitement of sailing a responsive and quick boat on their own. The stable hull provides a versatile platform for multiple sail options for beginner to more advanced sailors. An entry level boat, the O'pen Bic is ideal for young sailors intending to transition to modern dinghies like the RS Feva or 29er.
- Designed by Vitali Design and BIC Sport
- Manufactured of thermoformed polyethylene, the rotomolded construction is highly durable, maintenance free, and 100% recyclable
- 100% self-draining open cockpit
- Chine-bilge design allows the boat to heel and remain balanced on the bilge, creating greater stability on both sides. This design also turns the hull into the wind immediately upon capsize
- Fast, planing hull
- Integrated carrying handles
- Standard rig includes a 4.5 sq meter, full roach, fully-battened, clear mylar mainsail that opens easily in strong gusts
- A 3.8 sq meter, fully-battened, dacron mainsail is also available for smaller sailors
- The O'Pen Bic hull also easily accommodates an Opti sprit rig and sail, allowing young sailors to use a rig they are familiar with, but also experience the fun of a planing hull.
- The epoxy mast is light and reacts easily to various wind conditions
- Shaped daggerboard
- Kick-up rudder is very easy to handle
- Hardware mounted on automatic snap-hooks, allowing for quick and easy set-up time
- Cunningham Tackle
- mainsheet tackle
- Ratchet Block
O’Pen Bic Class
- ISAF formally recognized the O’Pen Bic Class in 2007
- Length - 9'
- Width - 3'7"
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN BUYING YOUR BOAT
- Selecting The Right Boat - Need some help choosing? Here are a couple of questions to get you started:
- How many people would need to fit in your boat?
- Are you looking for a boat to race in or just to enjoy being out on the water?
- Still not sure? Give us a call, send a text, or reach us via email and we'll help you find the right boat.
- Choose Your Accessories - Don't forget accessories to transport and protect your boat. We have a wide selection of dollies, trailers, and covers to choose from. See "Related Products" at the bottom of this page for suggestions.
- Place Your Order - Add your chosen boat and accessories to cart and proceed to check out. We'll list relevant shipping options in the checkout process.
- Payment - For boats marked as "Availability: IN STOCK" we will collect 100% of the order total via credit card. For boats that are not in stock (ie, another status listed on the page), we will collect 20% of the order total via credit card and email you within one business day with additional information about lead time and payment collection.
- A Boats Journey To You - Curious how boats get to our sailors near and far? Here is a summary of the journey:
- West Coast Sailing has strong relationships with respected boat builders around the world.
- Our boats are transported in bulk to West Coast Sailing via truck, train, and container ship. Some boats have an added charge for this inbound freight cost.
- West Coast Sailing has 150+ boats in stock at any time. Preparation and rigging services are optional for some boats and mandatory for others.
- West Coast Sailing utilizes a network for contracted drivers and freight providers to deliver boats to our customers around the world. Delivery costs apply to most boats.
- West Coast Sailing can deliver boats to residential and commercial addresses, sailing clubs, community centers, or just about anywhere else that is convenient for you.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.