Folding Amas, reefable mainsail, comfortable seating and the legendary Mirage Drive pedal power too!
The most versatile of the Hobie Kayak fleet, the Adventure Island provides you with the best of both worlds, so you never have to choose between kayaking & sailing again. Equipped with the adjustable Vantage CT Seat & seamless Mirage Drive 180, this unique & fast trimaran has all the bells and whistles for an exceptional on-water experience. The Hobie Mirage Adventure Island is fit for any adventure, from an hour-long trip to a multi-day excursion. Whether you are sailing, pedaling, or paddling, the AI will get you across rivers, lakes, and bays alike. With features like a roller-furling main, detachable akas and amas, and retractable centerboard, the multi-functional Adventure Island is the most beginner-friendly sailing vessel on the market. This boat will be your go-to fishing craft, your sunny-day sailing machine, and so much more.
- Vantage CT Seating with adjustable height and recline!
- MirageDrive 180 with full propulsion power in forward or reverse
- One button adjustment to easily find the right pedaling stroke
- Four detachable akas with a carrying bag
- Kick-up centerboard
- Kick-up Island rudder
- Patented roller-furling sail with battens
- Two 8” Twist and Seal hatches with gear bucket
- Two color-coordinated amas
- Two mesh-covered stowage pockets
- Two molded-In rod holders
- Two-piece carbon composite mast
- Two-piece paddle with on-hull storage
- Length: 16'7" / 5.05 m
- Beam (Amas Out): 9' 6" / 2.9 m
- Beam (Amas In): 44" / 1.12 m
- Fitted Hull Weight: 102 lbs / 46 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 185 lbs / 84 kg
- MirageDrive Weight: 6.6 lbs / 2.99 kg
- Ama Weight: 2 @ 15 lbs / 6.80 kg
- Capacity: 400 lbs / 181.44 kg
- Mast Length: 16'6" / 5.03 m
- Sail Area: 65 sq ft / 6.04 sq m
- Crew: 1
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
Is the Hobie Adventure Island as stable as it looks?
Indeed. The Adventure Island and the Tandem Island Mirage Island series kayaks are the most stable boats we sell.
Read Our Hobie Adventure Island FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. The Hobie Adventure Island will ship for a flat rate of $311 anywhere in the continental US. Please contact us for rates to other areas.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.