For families that need to own an Optimist - The Advanced Racer is the most popular option. Since all Optis are slightly different - the Advanced Racer has all of the features that serious sailors expect, with the support of North America's largest Optimist builder. Starting with the proven World Champion hull, the Advanced Racer includes top level epoxy foils, BlackGold spar set, and race sail.
McLaughlin "WORLD CHAMPION" HULL - The Advanced Racer comes with a time-tested hull that has won the US Nationals (many times over) and never been beaten in World Championship competition! The Advanced Racer has the important features top sailors demand; the strongest mast step attachment - so you'll never have to worry about it, precision appendage alignment, "High Float" airbags - a McLaughlin innovation, and wall to wall non-skid.
Optiparts BlackGold Spars - This is the ultimate racing spar set in the world - bar none! It is extruded from 7075 aerospace alloys, which is hard coated, black anodized with Teflon impregnation. Stiffest on the market and the choice of all sail manufacturers for testing and development. Choose from four booms that are compatible with different skipper weight ranges and sailing conditions. Guide to Spars. Other spar sets are optional.
WinDesign High Performance Race Sails - Modeled off the "winningest" race sail in history, Olimpic, with proven speed and a wide, forgiving groove for maintaining speed and pointing ability. These sails are cut from Polyant 140B sailcloth, used the World over by major sail makers. The sail retains its shape and is adjustable for varying wind conditions. It comes with: window, numbers installed, Class fees button, Vectran sail ties, tapered race battens, and sail bag. Available in specific weigh range cuts. Guide to Sails. We represent the most popular sail lofts and can substitute sails.
WinDesign Competition "New Rule" Racing Blades - These blades are built of epoxy to the latest class specifications. They are the same design as those required at the World Championships. They have a perfected, race ready "Pro-Finish" wet sanded for ultimate water adhesion and minimum drag coefficient. The shape and stiffness are the same as more expensive name brands. Included upgrades are a Deluxe Black Tiller and Extension with releasable universal for quick replacement on the water. Guide to Blades. Other blade sets are available.
What else is included:
- Dual red and green bailers
- Ball bearing HARKEN blocks including the "Carbo Ratchet" main sheet block
- Floating lightweight mainsheet
- Floating, high-vis bowline & bow loop
- 3 EZ-fill heavy duty airbags and straps
- Adjustable black wide-padded hiking straps
- Delrin mast collar w/ mast safety tie-in
- Stainless steel adjustable mast step
- Daggerboard adjustment system w/ handle
- Daggerboard protection kit
- Non-skid surfacing in cockpit
- Owners manual and rigging guide
- IYRU plaque and USODA measurement book
- Length: 7'9"
- Beam: 3'8"
- Weight: 77lbs
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN BUYING YOUR BOAT
- Selecting The Right Boat - Need some help choosing? Here are a couple of questions to get you started:
- How many people would need to fit in your boat?
- Are you looking for a boat to race in or just to enjoy being out on the water?
- Still not sure? Give us a call, send a text, or reach us via email and we'll help you find the right boat.
- Choose Your Accessories - Don't forget accessories to transport and protect your boat. We have a wide selection of dollies, trailers, and covers to choose from. See "Related Products" at the bottom of this page for suggestions.
- Place Your Order - Add your chosen boat and accessories to cart and proceed to check out. We'll list relevant shipping options in the checkout process.
- Payment - For boats marked as "Availability: IN STOCK" we will collect 100% of the order total via credit card. For boats that are not in stock (ie, another status listed on the page), we will collect 20% of the order total via credit card and email you within one business day with additional information about lead time and payment collection.
- A Boats Journey To You - Curious how boats get to our sailors near and far? Here is a summary of the journey:
- West Coast Sailing has strong relationships with respected boat builders around the world.
- Our boats are transported in bulk to West Coast Sailing via truck, train, and container ship. Some boats have an added charge for this inbound freight cost.
- West Coast Sailing has 150+ boats in stock at any time. Preparation and rigging services are optional for some boats and mandatory for others.
- West Coast Sailing utilizes a network for contracted drivers and freight providers to deliver boats to our customers around the world. Delivery costs apply to most boats.
- West Coast Sailing can deliver boats to residential and commercial addresses, sailing clubs, community centers, or just about anywhere else that is convenient for you.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.