As old as the Optimist is, many clubs and individuals still use the boat for training and racing. The 'McLaughlin Club Racer' is an inexpensive and simple option for clubs, programs, learn to sail, and for families just getting started sailing. Optis are stable sailboat for first timers, it is a platform for young sailors to learn boathandling, sail trim, and racing skills. For youth sailors who want to race, the Optimist offers access to intense international competition. The McLaughlin boats are all made in the USA - and there are myriad options to fit out the boat. All boats start with World Champion hull and spars, and sails to get you on the water.
McLaughlin "WORLD CHAMPION" HULL - The Club Racer comes with a time-tested hull that has won the US Nationals and the World Championship. WORLDS. It's fast out of the box and ready to accept advanced racing equipment as your sailor's skills grow. The Club Racer has a high resale value and appeals to the largest number of club members after your sailor moves on. That's why there are more McLaughlin Club Racers sold in the US than any other Optimist!
Optiparts UPGRADED Club Spars (EX1051S) - This spar set was specially designed to eliminate loose parts and complexity of rigging. It is ideal for beginner sailors. The spars (mast, boom, and sprit) are made of anodized 6000 series aluminum. The cleats are clam cleats for greater holding power while not cutting control lines, 2:1 sprit adjustment with Harken ball bearing block is standard, and the end fittings are the strongest and most durable on the market.
Optiparts "Upgraded" (Class legal) Club Sail (EX1059) - We could offer a cheap Club Sail to save some money, but we added long lasting cloth, a vision window, class insignia and class royalty fees button. This is the most durable sail available, easy to adjust, but with a fast shape. The set includes: Sail ties, battens and a spar bag large enough to store and protect the spars with the sail still attached.
Optiparts "New Rule" Blades (EX11155T) - These blades are built of clear epoxy and fiberglass over foam to the latest class specifications. They are the same design as those required at the World Championships. A maintenance free aluminum tiller and extension is included. (They float for safety)
All Boats Include:
- Bailer & lanyard
- Ball bearing HARKEN kit including "Carbo Ratchet" block
- Floating lightweight mainsheet
- Floating, high-vis bowline & bow loop
- 3 EZ-fill heavy duty airbags and straps
- Adjustable black, wide-padded hiking straps
- Delrin mast collar w/ mast safety tie-in
- Stainless steel adjustable mast step
- Daggerboard adjustment system w/ handle
- Non-skid surfacing in cockpit
- Owners manual and rigging guide
- IYRU plaque and USODA measurement book
- Length: 7'9"
- Beam: 3'8"
- Weight: 77lbs
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN BUYING YOUR BOAT
- Selecting The Right Boat - Need some help choosing? Here are a couple of questions to get you started:
- How many people would need to fit in your boat?
- Are you looking for a boat to race in or just to enjoy being out on the water?
- Still not sure? Give us a call, send a text, or reach us via email and we'll help you find the right boat.
- Choose Your Accessories - Don't forget accessories to transport and protect your boat. We have a wide selection of dollies, trailers, and covers to choose from. See "Related Products" at the bottom of this page for suggestions.
- Place Your Order - Add your chosen boat and accessories to cart and proceed to check out. We'll list relevant shipping options in the checkout process.
- Payment - For boats marked as "Availability: IN STOCK" we will collect 100% of the order total via credit card. For boats that are not in stock (ie, another status listed on the page), we will collect 20% of the order total via credit card and email you within one business day with additional information about lead time and payment collection.
- A Boats Journey To You - Curious how boats get to our sailors near and far? Here is a summary of the journey:
- West Coast Sailing has strong relationships with respected boat builders around the world.
- Our boats are transported in bulk to West Coast Sailing via truck, train, and container ship. Some boats have an added charge for this inbound freight cost.
- West Coast Sailing has 150+ boats in stock at any time. Preparation and rigging services are optional for some boats and mandatory for others.
- West Coast Sailing utilizes a network for contracted drivers and freight providers to deliver boats to our customers around the world. Delivery costs apply to most boats.
- West Coast Sailing can deliver boats to residential and commercial addresses, sailing clubs, community centers, or just about anywhere else that is convenient for you.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.