There's no better trio than you & your paddling partner accompanied by the versatile & fun Hobie Mirage Compass Duo.
Your search for simplicity, versatility, and affordability in a tandem kayak is over. The Hobie Mirage Compass Duo delivers both impressive speeds and exceptional stability in a kayak that can be tailored to exactly what you want it to be. The Duo is highly responsive, simple to maneuver, and tough enough to handle it all. With tandem MirageDrives, dual steering capabilities, and a smooth kick-up rudder system, you will quickly see how much this kayak has to offer you and your paddling partner. Whether you are headed out with another adult, a young one, a tail-wagger, or on your own to fill the other seat with your catch of the day, the Hobie Mirage Compass Duo will get you out on the water and exceed your expectations. The Duo is equipped with roomy compartments for your gear for two and multiple tracks for accessory mounting so that everything you need is within reach. You may never want to return to shore once you start cruising the water in this kayak!
- Powered by MirageDrive - The MirageDrive pedal system with Glide Technology features legendary bioengineered performance. Power forward virtually hands-free.
- All New Design - A perfectly minimalistic platform, designed for ultimate fun. Spend the day fishing or grab the family for a joy ride, the Mirage Compass Duo will create endless on the water memories for years to come. All new for 2019.
- Sleek yet Stable Hull Shape - A freshly designed bow cuts through wind, wake and chop with ease. The spacious and extra wide deck provides comfort and security for even the most novice of kayakers.
- Kick-Up Rudder and Molded-in Tracking Keel - The Kick-Up Rudder locks in to place when you need it and retracts on impact. A molded-in tracking keel keeps you on course, whether pedaling or paddling.
- Spacious Deck Layout - Room for all the activities. Four H-Track mounts allow complete accessory customization whether fishing or looking for the perfect place to mount your GoPro. Two 8” Twist and Stow hatches provide inhull storage and four molded-in rod holders turn this kayak into a veritable fishing machine. Install an optional Sail Kit in the new Sail mount for an added power boost.
- Molded-in Carrying Handles - Located midship, these handles are ergonomic and conveniently placed to make car topping a breeze. Bow and Stern handles help with transport to and from the water.
- Crew: 2
- Length: 13.5' / 4.11 m
- Width: 35" / 0.89 m
- Capacity: 475 lbs / 215.46 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 92 lbs / 41.73 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 127 lbs / 57.61 kg
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
I want to buy this kayak and get out on the water. Do I really just add it to my cart?
Yup. Really, that's it. A growing portion of our customers just place their orders online. Can be faster and easier and less hassle than emails and phone calls. We don't mind either way, but once the order is in our system, then we get to work. As a summary, depending on stock status displayed on the kayak when you add to cart, we might start packaging it right away. Sometimes we have to wait for certain components - but our logistics team will start working on the delivery of your kayak from our warehouses to your shipping address. We'll package all the accessories, and then decide on the method of shipping. We have our own delivery van and trailer that handles a lot of the West Coast. We use contracted private drivers for places further away from us, and then we also use some normal shipping companies. You really don't have to worry about anything, that's our job. We line up the best option and then once the boat is ready, off it goes to you. It's not dissimiliar to ordering large appliances online - same processes with our own attention to detail to make sure it's as simple and transparent from order to delivery.
How much is shipping and how long does it take?
Your new Hobie Kayak will have a low, flat rate shipping price of $227 anywhere in the US (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). You will find this shipping method when adding your address in the shopping cart. Please contact us for rates outside the US. Each kayak's expected lead time is available as part of the product options right above the add to cart button (after you select any color options, if available). As some general guidance though, delivery times depend on stock status, your location and the size of your boat. For the majority of our kayaks that are in stock - they can be ready to ship in as little as 48 hours. That said, on average it's usually at least a week from order, to ‘ready for shipping to customer’.
How do you support your customers, especially if I buy a kayak randomly on your site?
More good news for you. Since we're a very specialized business, we've got 15+ staff, 4 of them on the customer support/care side. We've got a Kayaks@WestCoastSailing.net email specifically for support over the life of your product. You can also can call or text us at 1-503-285-5536. We're here to help!
Why West Coast Sailing & WCS Paddlesports?
Our dedicated kayak sales staff has over a decade of experience using and selling Hobie kayaks. When we aren’t in the shop helping customers gear up for their kayak fishing, kayak sailing, or recreational kayaking dreams, we’re out on the water living our own. From cruising the Tandem Island on the mighty Columbia River to kayak fly fishing the flats of the Gulf Coast, and even paddling class-V whitewater, our staff is constantly out there, improving our knowledge of life on the water. This knowledge, paired with our industry-leading passion for customer service, creates an unparalleled experience and environment for purchasing and rigging your Hobie kayak.
- Selection – We keep a wide variety of Hobie kayaks in stock at all times.
- Service – Our staff is dedicated to getting you on the water in the kayak you need.
- Experience – Our team here has long-term experience with all different types of paddling.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Shipping – Hobie Mirage Outback kayaks ship for a flat rate of $227 anywhere in the USA (excludes AK and HI).
- Support – We are a leader in our industry, and you are always our first priority.
- Accessories – We have kayaking accessories and gear in stock to get you all set up in one easy order.