The Sunfish kicked off the fiberglass dinghy revolution in the 1950s. This classic sailboat is popular on lakes and rivers for summertime fun and available in a range of exciting colors. $4,570 complete and ready to sail limited time offer!
The Sunfish is one of the most iconic recreational sailboats ever made. It’s still the boat a lot of adults remember having their first sailing experiences on. The Sunfish hasn’t changed much in the last 50 years. It’s not cutting edge - but it’s still perhaps the easiest boat to rig for sailing. Two lines - one to raise the sail, the other to trim it. That’s it. The Sunfish is fiberglass construction, but it lasts a long time without a lot of maintenance. Available in different colors every year, with a few different optional hardware upgrades - the Sunfish continues to sell in North America every summer.
- Fiberglass construction for a lightweight hull.
- Self-bailing cockpit.
- Storage space in rear of cockpit.
- Car toppable.
- Mainsheet ratchet block now included.
- Lateen-rigged sail automatically de-powers when hit by a gust of wind.
- Numerous sail colors available.
- Sail easily attaches with plastic sail rings.
- New style rudder and daggerboard are made from Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP).
- Patented kick-up rudder for effortless beach launches and landings
- Race version has a large white sail with a window in it.
- Race boom includes two clam cleats, which allows an outhaul and cunningham to be rigged giving great control the shape of the sail
- The gooseneck on the Race boom also has a quick-release on it to allow you to shift the sail plane fore and aft - effectively raking the mast while racing.
- Length: 13 feet 9 inches
- Beam: 4 feet 1 inch
- Draft: 2 feet 1 inch
- Sail Area: 75 square feet
- Hull Weight: 120 lbs
- Capacity: 1-2 People
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Complete fiberglass hull in choice of colors
- Aluminum spar set with mast, upper boom, and lower boom
- New style fiberglass daggerboard and rudder with aluminum tiller and extension
- Choice of colored recreational sail
- Rig kit with mainsheet block, hiking strap, mainsheet, halyard, sail rings, and all other lines needed for sailing
- *Does not include dolly, covers, or other accessories
What changes have been made to the Sunfish over the years?
The Sunfish is still pretty similar to how it's always been. There were some rudder and traveller upgrades, some changes to the hull/deck build and a few small hardware upgrades. But, overall the boat is very very similar to the first one made 50+ years ago.
Read Our Sunfish FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact shipping cost, add a boat to your cart and enter your City, State, and Zip code to get a rate. Typically, a Sunfish ships on a custom built pallet for the following rates for popular destinations around the country:
- Western Oregon and Washington - $395
- Eastern Oregon and Washington - $545
- Northern California, Boise, and Reno - $485
- Southern California - $675
- Points East - $765
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.