The Sunfish is one of the most iconic recreational sailboats ever made. It’s still the boat a lot of adults remember having their first sailing experiences on. The Sunfish hasn’t changed much in the last 50 years. It’s not cutting edge - but it’s still perhaps the easiest boat to rig for sailing. Two lines - one to raise the sail, the other to trim it. That’s it. The Sunfish is fiberglass construction, but it lasts a long time without a lot of maintenance. Available in different colors every year, with a few different optional hardware upgrades - the Sunfish continues to sell in North America every summer.
The Most Popular Dinghy Built
- Fiberglass construction for a lightweight hull
- Self-bailing cockpit
- Storage space in rear of cockpit
- Car toppable
- Mainsheet ratchet block now included
- Lateen-rigged sail automatically de-powers when hit by a gust of wind
- Numerous sail colors available
- Sail easily attaches with plastic sail rings
- New style rudder and daggerboard are made from Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP)
- Patented kick-up rudder for effortless beach launches and landings
Optional Race Rigging
- ’Race’ version has a large white sail with a window in it
- Race boom includes two clam cleats, which allows an outhaul and cunningham to be rigged giving great control the shape of the sail
- The gooseneck also has a quick-release on it to allow you to shift the sail plane fore and aft - effectively raking the mast while racing
- Length: 13' 9"
- Beam: 4' 1"
- Draft: 2' 1"
- Sail Area: 75 ft2
- Hull Weight: 120lbs
- Capacity: 1-2 People
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.