The Bahia is one of the largest plastic sailboats made. It's wide and roomy for a family and friends.
A spacious and comfortable rotomould dinghy for leisurely family fun. Ample room for up to four with trapeze and spinnaker options to bring performance sailing to the recreational sailor. The Bahia has a reefable mainsail, furling jib, and single line spinnaker option, making it exciting and rewarding to sail for a variety of crew.
- Features a clutter-free space for up to five adults.
- Inboard seats and controllable power allow the sailor to feel safe and secure
- Easy to right and re-board. When you add the mast head flotation, the boat sits smartly on top of the water so even a small person can right it with ease.
- High boom and gnav system leave the cockpit simple and efficient for new sailors.
- The furling jib and single line reefing system also makes it easy to reduce sail area if the breeze picks up.
- Performance: The light hull and large gennaker allow the Bahia to really move across the water. Add the trapeze option for even more performance.
- More than just a sailboat: The multifunctional Bahia can be sailed, rowed or motored.
- Length: 15'2"
- Beam: 5'2"
- Draft: 3'9"
- Mainsail: 108sq ft
- Jib" 40sq ft
- Spinnaker: 150sq ft
- Hull weight: 340lbs
- Capacity: 1-5 people
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.