The Tasar is one of those ‘cult classic’ two-person racing boats. While over 40 years old now, its handling and technical nature are as infamous as its sailing characteristics. The Tasar is unique in that it’s very light weight, and one of the few hiking (non-trapezing) boats that will plane upwind as well as down. There are active fleets in the Pacific Northwest, and around 700 boats in North America. Seattle and Vancouver are the centers of racing in the US, with fleets in the UK, Australia, and Japan. While the Tasar isn’t common to buy new anymore - mostly being available in fleet orders (4 boats at a time) - it’s still a boat we hold near and dear to our hearts. Hardware changes in the late 2000s saw Mylar Sails and new hardware options that upgraded the boat. The Tasar is a memorable hiking dinghy for high level racing - and it continues to age quite well over the decades.
- Fast upwind and down without a trapeze
- Storied racing history around the world
- Very lightweight - 149lb hull is still light for the size class
- Tough and durable construction means these boats last and last
- Overall length: 14'10" / 4.52 m
- Waterline Length: 14' / 4.27 m
- beam: 5' 9" / 1.75m
- Hull Depth: 2' .5" / 0.62m
- Sale Area:
- Main: 90sq.ft. / 8.36sq.m.
- Jib: 33sq.ft. / 3.07sq.m.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
”Text from random person”
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN BUYING YOUR BOAT
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.