The Tasar is one of those ‘cult classic’ two-person racing boats. While over 40 years old now, its handling and technical nature are as infamous as its sailing characteristics. The Tasar is unique in that it’s very light weight, and one of the few hiking (non-trapezing) boats that will plane upwind as well as down. There are active fleets in the Pacific Northwest, and around 700 boats in North America. Seattle and Vancouver are the centers of racing in the US, with fleets in the UK, Australia, and Japan. While the Tasar isn’t common to buy new anymore - mostly being available in fleet orders (4 boats at a time) - it’s still a boat we hold near and dear to our hearts. Hardware changes in the late 2000s saw Mylar Sails and new hardware options that upgraded the boat. The Tasar is a memorable hiking dinghy for high level racing - and it continues to age quite well over the decades.
- Fast upwind and down without a trapeze
- Storied racing history around the world
- Very lightweight - 149lb hull is still light for the size class
- Tough and durable construction means these boats last and last
- Overall length: 14'10" / 4.52 m
- Waterline Length: 14' / 4.27 m
- beam: 5' 9" / 1.75m
- Hull Depth: 2' .5" / 0.62m
- Sale Area:
- Main: 90sq.ft. / 8.36sq.m.
- Jib: 33sq.ft. / 3.07sq.m.
CURRENT LEAD TIME & AVAILABILITY
Due to the high demand for sailboat and kayak products, the team at West Coast Sailing is working hard to bring in as much inventory as possible. We receive multiple shipments over the course of the year with our allocated number of specific models and colors. Current and future availability changes often and we make every effort to post updates to our website.
For the most up to date information or to place a deposit, please contact our team at email@example.com
- Availability: IN STOCK - This indicates the option selected is physically in stock at our warehouse in Portland, OR for immediate shipping or in store pickup. Our team will contact you within one business day of receiving your order to discuss these details.
- Availability: PRE ORDER - This indicates the option selected is on one of our next shipments but has not yet be received. Please contact our team to place a deposit.
- Availability: SOLD OUT - This indicates the option selected is not currently available for preorder due to extended or unknown lead time.
If you see the 'ADD TO WISH LIST' button only (no 'ADD TO CART' button), this means the product is SOLD OUT. Please contact for details.