The high performance boat everyone thinks of when talking about moving youth sailing forward. The legendary 29er is a double-handed performance skiff for youth training and racing. Designed by Julian Bethwaite (Olympic 49er designer), the 29er provides a stable, user-friendly pathway into the thrill and techniques of skiff sailing. An asymmetric spinnaker, mylar main, jib, and trapeze provide speed without sacrificing control in breezy conditions. Used worldwide for youth one design racing, the 29er has an active class association working to get more kids into higher performance sailing.
- Fiberglass construction with a unique foam sandwich to create a lightweight yet strong hull
- Self-draining cockpit
- Non-skid on the wings for grip
- Sand blasted deck for greater grip while tacking
- Molded-in safety cockpit rails for skipper
- Gnav system to open up cockpit and better control leech tension
- A single line hoists the spinnaker, sets the pole, and retrieves both
- Centerboard and rudder are both high-quality GRP construction
- Centerboard case padded top and bottom to max allowable width to reduce the blade from fluttering
Sails & Mast
- Sails made from long-lasting, reinforced mylar ensuring that they will not tear when a crew member falls on them in a capsize
- Self-tacking jib
- Asymmetric spinnaker included
- Composite-tipped mast gives the ultimate in gust response and acceleration
- Weight - 74kg
- Length - 4.45m
- Width - 1.77m
- Mast length - 6.25m
- Main & Jib Area - 12.5sqm
- Spinnaker Area - 15sqm
- Designer - Julian Bethwaite, 1998
- Hull - FRP with foam sandwich laminate
- Mast - Composite top section with aluminium alloy lower sections
- Sails - Fully battened mainsail and jib made out of Mylar film by MacDiarmid Sails. Tri-radial asymmetric spinnaker
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN BUYING YOUR BOAT
- Selecting The Right Boat - Need some help choosing? Here are a couple of questions to get you started:
- How many people would need to fit in your boat?
- Are you looking for a boat to race in or just to enjoy being out on the water?
- Still not sure? Give us a call, send a text, or reach us via email and we'll help you find the right boat.
- Choose Your Accessories - Don't forget accessories to transport and protect your boat. We have a wide selection of dollies, trailers, and covers to choose from. See "Related Products" at the bottom of this page for suggestions.
- Place Your Order - Add your chosen boat and accessories to cart and proceed to check out. We'll list relevant shipping options in the checkout process.
- Payment - For boats marked as "Availability: IN STOCK" we will collect 100% of the order total via credit card. For boats that are not in stock (ie, another status listed on the page), we will collect 20% of the order total via credit card and email you within one business day with additional information about lead time and payment collection.
- A Boats Journey To You - Curious how boats get to our sailors near and far? Here is a summary of the journey:
- West Coast Sailing has strong relationships with respected boat builders around the world.
- Our boats are transported in bulk to West Coast Sailing via truck, train, and container ship. Some boats have an added charge for this inbound freight cost.
- West Coast Sailing has 150+ boats in stock at any time. Preparation and rigging services are optional for some boats and mandatory for others.
- West Coast Sailing utilizes a network for contracted drivers and freight providers to deliver boats to our customers around the world. Delivery costs apply to most boats.
- West Coast Sailing can deliver boats to residential and commercial addresses, sailing clubs, community centers, or just about anywhere else that is convenient for you.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.