The Bravo is sailing made as simple as it can be. Stable hull, un-stayed mast, room for two. There isn't any boat that gets you on the water as easily as the Bravo.
An instant classic when Hobie released it - the Bravo is one of the simplest sailboats to sail on earth. A clever design provides stability for new and intermediate sailors - all with astonishing simplicity. With two lines and no boom, the Bravo is about spending your time on the water, not the beach. The Bravo is quick in a breeze, and is more responsive than larger catamarans. It’s exceedingly safe and easy for resorts, a family, or solo. For setup - the A-frame setup makes raising and lowering the mast easy. Then just unfurl the sail and you're off. The Bravo is a great platform to get into sailing, at an inexpensive price - with a lot more features than you would expect.
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene.
- Boomless, square-top Dacron mainsail twists off in gusts for power control.
- Angled battens allow for easy feeding and furling.
- EZ Loc Rudder System for quick lowering or raising of the rudders.
- Corner-mounted carrying handles.
- Self-draining cockpit.
- Padded hiking straps.
- Hobie mast float and righting line included.
- Length Overall: 12 feet
- Beam: 4 feet 5 inches
- Draft w/ Rudder Up: 9 inches
- Mast Length: 19 feet
- Sail Area: 86 square feet
- Weight: 195 lbs
- Capacity: 400 lbs
- Crew: 1-2
Is this one of the simplest boats you sell?
You got it. From assembly out of the box, to days where you're going sailing, the Bravo is probably one of the simplest boats made and sold today.
Read Our Hobie Bravo FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. The Hobie Bravo will ship for a flat rate of $455 anywhere in the continental US. Please contact us for rates to other areas.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.