Used worldwide at resorts and training centers - the Wave is the quintessential beach cat. Easy rigging, stable and not overpowered, the Wave is easy to own and enjoy for decades.
The Wave is an exciting and easy-to-sail catamaran for sailors of all sizes and skills. This recreational boat can be sailed solo or with a crew of four, and the Wave’s boomless sail provides power in all conditions. Thanks to the shape of the hulls, no daggerboards are needed. The rotomolded hull is virtually indestructible, so launching and docking is stress-free. The Hobie Wave is simple and always engaging.
- Boomless Rig
- Padded Seat Cushions
- Three-piece trampoline (Club Version)
- EZ Loc Rudder System
- Fully-Battened, Multi-Colored Square-Top, Dacron
- Righting-Line and Hobie Mast Float
- Unique Keel Shape Eliminates Daggerboards
- Comptip Mast for Safety
- Color Stripe
- Righting-line and Hobie mast float are included
- Mesh trampoline
- Fiberglass Comptip mast for safety
- Padded seat cushions
- Length Overall: 13 feet
- Beam: 7 feet
- Draft w/ Rudder Up: 11 inches
- Mast Length: 20 feet
- Sail Area: 95 square feet
- Weight: 245 lbs
- Capacity: 800 lbs
You can also reach us at email@example.com or by calling 503-285-5536 ext2
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
Product Reviews (1)
I have owned a first generation Hobie Wave Classic since new for approx. 25 years. I purchased it to teach my kids to sail and for our family enjoyment. The boomless design and mast float makes it safe to sail and easy to right with the righting line. I am now a senior at 68 years old and I'm confident to sail this boat in all but extreme weather situations. Very little maintenance required over 25 years being on a fresh water lake. I repaired or replaced the mast tang holding the rigging twice due to metal fatigue (good for 10 years) and replaced the original trampoline 2 years ago with the wire stays replaced once. I can highly recommend this Hobie. Consider it as a de-tuned Hobie 16 that is much easier to sail, especially when sailing solo.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.