The Wave is an exciting and easy-to-sail catamaran for sailors of all sizes and skills. This recreational boat can be sailed solo or with a crew of four, and the Wave’s boomless sail provides power in all conditions. Thanks to the shape of the hulls, no daggerboards are needed. The rotomolded hull is virtually indestructible, so launching and docking is stress-free. The Hobie Wave is simple and always engaging.
- Boomless Rig
- Padded Seat Cushions
- One-Piece Trampoline (Standard Version) or Three-piece trampoline (Club Version)
- EZ Loc Rudder System
- Fully-Battened, Multi-Colored Square-Top, Dacron
- Righting-Line and Hobie Mast Float
- Unique Keel Shape Eliminates Daggerboards
- Comptip Mast for Safety
- Color Stripe
- Length Overall: 13'
- Beam: 7'
- Draft w/ Rudder Up: 11"
- Mast Length: 20'
- Sail Area: 95 sq ft
- Weight: 245 lbs
- Capacity: 800lbs
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
- 'EZ Loc Rudder System' makes launching a breeze
- Fully-battened square top mainsail
- Boomless rig for simplicity and safety
- Righting-line & Hobie mast float are include
- Mesh trampoline
- Fiberglass Comptip mast for safety
- Padded seat cushions
- ‘Classic’ version features a one-piece mesh trampoline that’s easy to attach and comes with built-in drink holders; ‘Club’ version features a three-piece mesh trampoline that’s fitted using a system of laces and grommets
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
“The Club Wave gets its oomph from 95 square feet of batten-stiffened sail, not that the slender plastic hulls do anything to slow it down. And though catamarans are notoriously poor at tacking upwind and balky at coming about, this model does a creditable job of both, perhaps because the forward mast placement makes for surer handling.”
-Mike Steere, Outside Magazine
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN BUYING YOUR BOAT
- Selecting The Right Boat - Need some help choosing? Here are a couple of questions to get you started:
- How many people would need to fit in your boat?
- Are you looking for a boat to race in or just to enjoy being out on the water?
- Still not sure? Give us a call, send a text, or reach us via email and we'll help you find the right boat.
- Choose Your Accessories - Don't forget accessories to transport and protect your boat. We have a wide selection of dollies, trailers, and covers to choose from. See "Related Products" at the bottom of this page for suggestions.
- Place Your Order - Add your chosen boat and accessories to cart and proceed to check out. We'll list relevant shipping options in the checkout process.
- Payment - For boats marked as "Availability: IN STOCK" we will collect 100% of the order total via credit card. For boats that are not in stock (ie, another status listed on the page), we will collect 20% of the order total via credit card and email you within one business day with additional information about lead time and payment collection.
- A Boats Journey To You - Curious how boats get to our sailors near and far? Here is a summary of the journey:
- West Coast Sailing has strong relationships with respected boat builders around the world.
- Our boats are transported in bulk to West Coast Sailing via truck, train, and container ship. Some boats have an added charge for this inbound freight cost.
- West Coast Sailing has 150+ boats in stock at any time. Preparation and rigging services are optional for some boats and mandatory for others.
- West Coast Sailing utilizes a network for contracted drivers and freight providers to deliver boats to our customers around the world. Delivery costs apply to most boats.
- West Coast Sailing can deliver boats to residential and commercial addresses, sailing clubs, community centers, or just about anywhere else that is convenient for you.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.