This is a Tapered Jib Halyard for the J/24, meaning that the cover is stripped back and tapered leaving the cover only where the halyard is cleated and back to ensure proper hold and ease of handling. Specified to the correct length for cleating on the mast and features a Ronstan swiveling snap shackle spliced on one end, and a reeving eye on the tail end for easy installation. This option is made from Marlow D2 Racing, a pre-stretched, bio-based double braid line that is a great high-strength and lightweight all-around performer. Features D12 78 core with 24-plait polyester jacket that runs smoothly and grips well gibing superior performance in clutches, jammers and winches and providing excellent abrasion resistance and greater longevity. Ideal for the active racer looking for a top performing line.
- J/24 Jib Halyard - Tapered
- Designed to be cleated on the mast - 55 Feet
- Line - Marlow D2 Race
- Diameter - 8mm, tapering at shackle end to slightly thinner diameter
- Core - Dyneema D12 78
- Cover - 24 Plait Polyester
- Includes Ronstan swiveling snap shackle spliced on one end for attaching to sail
- Reeving eye on the tail end for easy installation
- Part # J24151
* Sample Image Shown - This product is tapered down to the Dyneema core over half the working length to reduce weight in the rig.
Click here for J/24 Reference Photos
Click here for All J/24 Parts & Rigging
West Coast Sailing Rig Shop
This item is hand built by our Rig Shop using industry leading best practices for splicing and rigging so you can be confident in a strong and dependable finished product. It was developed to meet class standards and common deck/rigging layouts, using materials appropriate for its application. Please contact our team if you have any question about this or any other one design or custom rigging needs.