The Prism is a stripped down racing compass. The Prism provides unprecedented accuracy, coupled with a massive display, in a compact package. At a mere 137 g (4.8 oz) it is the world's lightest racing compass. The perfect compass to take advantage of the new Laser class association rule allowing digital compasses!
Need to mount this compass to a Laser? We recommend the Velocitek Prism Deck Bracket. This bracket can be installed on a new or existing Spider Deck Bracket (you'll need to drill new holes) or mounted to the deck with velcro, using your control lines to help secure the bracket in the event of a capsize. See "Related Products" below.
- MASSIVE DIGITS - The Prism has sunlight-readable, high-contrast LCD screen features 29.8mm tall digits in a font that is optimized for readability. This means that if your boat is under 40ft long you will be able to mount the Prism on your mast and read it easily from anywhere in the cockpit, even if you do not have perfect vision.
- ULTRA-WIDE VIEWING ANGLE - With 250 degrees of visibility the Prism LCDs can be easily read from the helm to the trapeze wire.
- FLEXIBLE & SECURE MOUNTING - The Prism mounts to your boat via the slide-in cradle. The Prism Cradle can be mounted to a wide array of brackets, directly to a mast using the centerline holes and the Mast Bracket Hardware Kit, or directly to a bulkhead. We even included recesses in the cradle in case you need to lash your compass in place.
- CLASS LEGAL - The Prism uses only magnetic input as its heading reference, has no memory, no user inputs, and performs no arithmetic functions. It's legal in all classes that allow electronic compasses.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED - Velocitek Prism, Mounting cradle, Quick Start Guide, EVA storage case.
- DIMENSIONS - Weight 4.8oz / 137 g. Height - 2.2 inches / 55mm. Width - 4.6 inches / 118mm. Depth - 2.6 inches / 67mm.
- BATTERY and POWER - The Prism battery is rated for 40 hours of continuous use with no additional charge from full to empty. It also has a 20 second auto shut off if no motion is detected. This compass is solar recharging or can be recharged using a 3.7 volt battery charger with the correct adapter.