Custom Spliced 8:1 Cunningham w/ Technora Control Line for Laser/ILCA
Upgrade your Laser / ILCA cunningham control to the latest 8:1 purchase system with this complete set up from our Rig Shop. Our TecPRO 8:1 cunningham uses a set of three Harken T2 carbo blocks to create a cunningham that is easy to rig and unrig, with integrated Dyneema primary for connecting to your vang and luggage tag loop on lower block for attaching to your mast section. Control line is a 4mm high tech double braid with Dyneema SK78 core and polyester/Technora 16 cover for great durability.Our experts have fine tuned this system so that the lengths are perfect for dialing in your Laser / ILCA outhaul. Designed for Laser / ILCA sailboats with upgraded deck hardware - deck blocks and deck cleats.
Available in several control line color choices. All Dyneema line is gray. Uses all Harken hardware.
POLYTECH - Green, Blue, Orange
COPPA 5000 - Lime/White, Blue/White
TecPro vs Pro:
This is an upgrade over our standard Vang Control PRO and features a 4mm high tech double braid with Dyneema SK78 core and polyester/Technora 16 cover for great durability.
How to Rig:
- Install lower block around mast section by passing integrated control line and block through the spliced eye
- Set block to port or starboard side, depending on how you prefer to set up your controls
- With your mast and sail up, take the Dyneema line (with 29mm and 18mm blocks) and pass the loop through the grommet in the tack of the sail
- Run the loop down to your vang assembly and connect to the pin at the top of the vang - the two spliced blocks should then be hanging from the sail
- Next, take the control line (at the base of the mast) and run up to the lower of the two spliced blocks - pass from front to back through the lower or the two blocks
- Run the control line back down to the 18mm block - pass from back to front through this block
- Run the control line back up to the upper 29mm block, through the block, and down to the deck block
- Complete the system by running the control line aft through the deck cleat
- Dyneema Primary Line with 1x Harken 29mm T2 Block and 1x Harken 18mm T2 Block (top section of purchase)
- Dinghy Control line with 1x Harken 29mm T2 Block (bottom section of purchase) with luggage tag loop for easy install
A Note on Sail Versions:
- The Dyneema Primary Line on our 8:1 system is designed for Laser 4.7 (ILCA 4), Laser Radial (ILCA 6), and Laser Standard MK1 (original cross cut) sails. The line is finished so that you can pin it to the top of your vang assembly and have enough range in the cascade system to achieve desired tension.
- If you use a MK2 Standard / ILCA 7 sail, the Dyneema Primary will be too short. This is because the tack grommet is in a different position (ie, higher) than on all other Laser/ILCA sails. The ideal setup requires an additional 2-3 inches of primary line length. Please contact us at the time of ordering if you need this system built for an MK2 sail. We'll launch a strop extender to make the system interchangeable between rigs shortly.
West Coast Sailing Rig Shop
This item is hand built by our Rig Shop using industry leading best practices for splicing and rigging so you can be confident in a strong and dependable finished product. It was developed to meet class standards and common deck/rigging layouts, using materials appropriate for its application. Please contact our team if you have any question about this or any other one design or custom rigging needs.
Rig Shop Return Policy
All 'West Coast Sailing Rig Shop' items are built to order and therefore excluded from our standard 366 day return policy (as referenced below). Please contact our team right away if there is an issue with your product. Except in the event of production error on the part of West Coast Sailing, refunds for rigging products inadvertently returned to us will not be refunded. West Coast Sailing may elect to issue Store Credit for the value of the product in select circumstances. When in doubt, contact our team first.
Shop Holiday Sale:
Product Reviews (1)
I had been using an old home grown version of a main cunningham for a long time, and decided to upgrade to this design recently. I love the ease of applying tension as well as how easily it releases. This is a great upgrade to make to your boat's rigging.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.