Custom Spliced Control Line & Primary Line for Laser/ILCA Vang Assembly
Upgrade your Laser / ILCA boom vang assembly with our PRO control line upgrade. This kit starts with a Harken 18mm T2 Double Block, a popular choice among Laser/ILCA sailors. We splice on a length of 3mm Dyneema for the primary, complete with an eye at the end. The 4mm Dinghy Control line is also spliced to the double block, creating a clean setup with no knots to worry about. Installing this upgrade requires an upper vang block with a *removable* vang key and a vang base (NOT INCLUDED). Use your existing hardware and simply swap out your lines for this kit, or purchase a new upper vang block and vang base separately.
Available in several control line color options. All Dyneema line is gray. Uses all Harken hardware.
- 3mm Dyneema Primary Line spliced to Harken 18mm T2 Double Block
- 4mm Dinghy Control Line spliced to Harken 18mm T2 Double Block
A Notes on Compatibility:
- This upgrade is designed to be used with 15:1 boom vang systems and requires an upper vang block with a *removable* vang key, which must be removed to allow access to the top of the sheave. Use your existing vang base. See instructions for additional information.
- Not compatible with new Allen XHL High Load Becket Block - Contact us for alternatives.
- Kit does not include an upper vang key or vang base - use your existing hardware or purchase separately.
Looking to use an Allen XHL High Load block?
- Since the sheave on the latest Allen XHL High Load block isn't accessible, this product as built is not compatible. Reach out to our team and we can build something suitable, using your existing vang base to complete a fully assembled vang (all lines spliced) or by splicing the primary directly to the Allen XHL block and leaving the double block end of the primary line free so that you can tie it on directly.
West Coast Sailing Rig Shop
This item is hand built by our Rig Shop using industry leading best practices for splicing and rigging so you can be confident in a strong and dependable finished product. It was developed to meet class standards and common deck/rigging layouts, using materials appropriate for its application. Please contact our team if you have any question about this or any other one design or custom rigging needs.