Upgrade your Laser / ILCA cunningham control to the latest 8:1 purchase system with this complete set up from our Rig Shop. Our PRO 8:1 cunningham uses a set of three Harken T2 carbo blocks to create a cunningham that is easy to rig and unrig, with integrated Dyneema primary for connecting to your vang and luggage tag loop on lower block for attaching to your mast section. Our experts have fine tuned this system so that the lengths are perfect for dialing in your Laser / ILCA outhaul. Designed for Laser / ILCA sailboats with upgraded deck hardware - deck blocks and deck cleats.
Available with Blue, Yellow, Red, or Green 4mm control line. All Dyneema line is gray. Uses all Harken hardware.
How to Rig:
- Install lower block around mast section by passing integrated control line and block through the spliced eye
- Set block to port or starboard side, depending on how you prefer to set up your controls
- With your mast and sail up, take the Dyneema line (with 29mm blocks at one end) and pass the loop through the grommet in the tack of the sail
- Run the loop down to your vang assembly and connect to the pin at the top of the vang - the 2x 29mm blocks should then be hanging from the sail
- Next, take the control line (at the base of the mast) and run up to the lower of the two 29mm blocks - pass from front to back through the lower or the two blocks
- Run the control line back down to the 18mm block - pass from back to front through this block
- Run the control line back up to the upper 29mm block, through the block, and down to the deck block
- Complete the system by running the control line aft through the deck cleat
- Dyneema Primary Line with 2x Harken 29mm T2 Blocks (top section of purchase)
- Dinghy Control line with 1x Harken 18mm T2 Block (bottom section of purchase) with luggage tag loop for easy install
West Coast Sailing Rig Shop
This item is hand built by our Rig Shop using industry leading best practices for splicing and rigging so you can be confident in a strong and dependable finished product. It was developed to meet class standards and common deck/rigging layouts, using materials appropriate for its application. Please contact our team if you have any question about this or any other one design or custom rigging needs.