Custom Spliced 6:1 Cunningham w/ Technora Control Line for Laser/ILCA
Upgrade your Laser / ILCA cunningham control to a 6:1 purchase system with this complete set up from our Rig Shop. Our 6:1 cunningham uses a set of two Harken 29mm T2 carbo blocks to create a cunningham that is easy to rig and unrig, with integrated Dyneema primary for connecting to your vang and luggage tag loop on lower block for attaching to your mast section. This is our TecPro version featuring a double braid line technora cover with dyneema core control line. Our experts have fine tuned this system so that the lengths are perfect for dialing in your Laser / ILCA outhaul. Designed for Laser / ILCA sailboats with upgraded deck hardware - deck blocks and deck cleats.
Available in several control line color choices. All Dyneema line is gray. Uses all Harken hardware.
POLYTECH - Green, Blue, Orange
COPPA 5000 - Lime/White, Blue/White
How to Rig:
- Install lower block around mast section, below the tang, by passing the block through the spliced eye
- Set block to port or starboard side, depending on how you prefer to set up your controls
- With your mast and sail up, take the Dyneema primary line (spliced to top 29mm block) and pass through the grommet in the tack of the sail
- Run the loop down to your vang assembly and connect to the pin at the top of the vang - the block/control line should then be hanging from the sail
- Next, take the control line (spliced to the block hanging at the grommet) and run to the block at the base of the mast, passing from back to front
- Run the control line back up to the hanging block and through the sheeve, passing front to back
- Complete the system by running the control line down to the deck, through the deck block, and aft to the deck cleat
- 1x Harken 29mm T2 Block (top section of purchase) with Polytech (Technora) Control line and Dyneema primary line
- 1x Harken 29mm T2 Block (bottom section of purchase) with Dyneema luggage tag loop for easy install
West Coast Sailing Rig Shop
This item is hand built by our Rig Shop using industry leading best practices for splicing and rigging so you can be confident in a strong and dependable finished product. It was developed to meet class standards and common deck/rigging layouts, using materials appropriate for its application. Please contact our team if you have any question about this or any other one design or custom rigging needs.