This 5mm Samson Vectran line is made from Validator-12, constructed of Vectran® fibers, the second strongest rope in the Samson line. A LCP (liquid crystal polymer) fiber, Vectran exhibits high strength, excellent creep and abrasion resistance, excellent flex/fold and chemical resistance, and outstanding heat and cut resistance. One of the most advanced lines available, Validator 12 is ideal for applications requiring very high strength, low stretch, or resistance to high heat and friction. It is commonly used in high performance running rigging, or as a replacement for wire rigging. Its high creep resistance (low stretch under constant loads) makes it outstanding for use as halyards and control lines.
- Color - Brown
- Diameter - 5mm (3/16 inch)
- Core - 12 Strand Validator-12 (Vectran)
- Cover - N/A
- Applications - Control Lines, Travelers, Halyards, Wire Rigging Replacement
- Features - Low Stretch, High Strength, Low Water Absorption
- Average Strength - 5500 lbs
- Weight (100 ft) - 1.30 lbs
- SOLD BY THE FOOT (Quantity 1 = 1 Foot. Adjust quantity to order longer lengths)
- Strength - High strength-to-weight ratio
- Stretch - Very low stretch and creep - resists stretching under high constant loads
- Material - Validator-12 Vectran, a LCP (liquid crystal polymer) fiber
- Contruction - 12-Strand hollow braid
- Splicing Technique - Full-bury 12-strand splice
Made from a LCP (liquid crystal polymer) fiber, Vectran exhibits high strength, excellent creep and abrasion resistance, excellent flex/fold and chemical resistance, and outstanding heat and cut resistance. Vectran is an alternative to Dyneema or Spectra and less stretch and creep. Many think Vectran is the ultimate fiber, though it does not have quite the fatigue life or UV resistance of Dyneema or Spectra. Also it is a little heavier and will not float.