Amsteel Blue from Samson is a high-performance 12-strand single braid of 100% Dyneema fiber. It offers the highest strength single braid available from Samson, offering a maximum in strength-to-weight ratio, very low stretch, and is stronger than the same sized wire rope constructions — yet it floats. The Samthane coating enhances an already high abrasion and cut resistance. Good for high load, static applications like halyards, wire replacement, and lightweight spinnaker sheets.
- A line made for the high-performance sailor
- Stronger than steel for its weight
- Very low stretch; torque-free
- Low creep — resists stretching under static load
- Elongation when loaded at 30% of breaking strength is only 0.96%
- Made with Dyneema® SK-78 HMPE (high molecular weight polyethylene) fiber
- 12-Strand hollow braid construction
- Splicing technique: full-bury 12-strand splice
- SOLD BY THE FOOT
Additional Technical Information
|Average Strength||2500 lbs|
|Minimum Strength||2300 lbs|
|Weight (100 ft)||0.5 lbs|
Dynema® is the Dutch company DSM Dyneema's brand of UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight PolyEthylene fiber), a long chain, high strength, oriented strand, synthetic fiber with very high strength as well as high abrasion resistance. This fiber is also known as HMPE (High Modulus PolyEthylene). Dyneema is available in a number of formulations, SK-60, SK-75, SK-78, SK-90, etc. Each succeedingly stronger and more expensive.
Honeywell International produces a similar UHMWPE fiber, marketed as Spectra®