This single braid accessory line is designed to meet the various strength, stretch, knot-holding and wear requirements. Made from HMPE Dyneema fiber, this twine yields the highest strength, lightest weight, lowest stretch and longest wear life available. The proprietary urethane coating, Samthane, binds the fibers and prevents snagging as well as increasing abrasion and UV resistance, and increasing the knot-holding capability of the twine. This is a great line for lighweight lashing applications, such as tying a block to a shackle or eyestrap in place of a pin or other stainless hardware.
- Color - Gray
- Diameter - 1.7mm (1/16 inch)
- Core - 12 Strand Dyneema SK-60
- Cover - N/A
- Applications - Lashing, Light Duty Control Lines
- Features - Low Stretch, High Strength, Abrasion Resistance
- Average Strength - 400 lbs
- SOLD BY THE FOOT (Quantity 1 = 1 Foot. Adjust quantity to order longer lengths)
- Strength - Dyneema fiber is stronger than steel for its weight
- Stretch - Very low stretch and creep - resists stretching under static load
- Material - Dyneema® SK-60 HMPE (high molecular weight polyethylene)
- Contruction - 12-Strand hollow braid
- Splicing Technique - Full-bury 12-strand splice
Dynema® is the Dutch company DSM Dyneema's brand of UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight PolyEthylene fiber), a long chain, high strength, oriented strand, synthetic fiber with very high strength as well as high abrasion resistance. This fiber is also known as HMPE (High Modulus PolyEthylene). Dyneema is available in a number of formulations, SK-60, SK-75, SK-78, SK-90, etc. Each exceedingly stronger and more expensive.
Honeywell International produces a similar UHMWPE fiber, marketed as Spectra®