The Hobie 16 is the most legendary catamaran ever made, offering fast and fun thrills for any sailor with competitive racing worldwide.
The Hobie 16 is the catamaran that started a revolution. The Hobie 16 is still the most recognizable and iconic fiberglass catamaran. With over 100,000 built, the 16 expanded the worlds’ view on what fast, beach launched fun could be like. The Hobie 16 came out in the 1970s and yet is still raced around the world and up and down the west coast. New 16s come equipped ready to go fast right out of the box - Dacron sails, carbon-fiber rudders and double trapeze are included. The durable fiberglass hulls are timeless - they are light and stiff, ensuring years of speed and dependability. The Hobie 16 still offers fleet numbers larger than any other fiberglass catamarans. New 16s continue to be sold and add to the fleet fun, coast to coast and worldwide.
- Asymmetrical Hulls - no daggerboards required
- Carbon Fiber Kick-Up Rudders
- Race-Ready Dacron Sails
- Mesh Trampoline
- Double Trapeze System
- Harken Mainsheet Blocks
- 6:1 Mainsheet and Traveler System
- Black Anodized Aluminum Mast with Comptip
- Dollies, Trailers, and Other Accessories Available
You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 503-285-5536 ext2
- Length Overall: 16' 7"
- Beam: 7' 11"
- Draft (Rudder Up): 10"
- Mast Length: 26' 6"
- Sail Area: 218 sq ft
- Weight: 320 lbs
- Crew: 1-4
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass/Foam Sandwich
- Hull Color: White
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.