The Hobie 16 is THE quintesential beach cat. Fast, fun and still dishing out the thrills after all these years.
The catamaran that started a revolution. The Hobie 16 is still the most recognizable and iconic fiberglass catamaran. With over 100,000 built, the 16 expanded the worlds’ view on what fast, beach launched fun could be like. The Hobie 16 came out in the 1970s and yet is still raced around the world and up and down the west coast. New 16s come equipped ready to go fast right out of the box - Dacron sails, carbon-fiber rudders and double trapeze are included. The durable fiberglass hulls are timeless - they are light and stiff, ensuring years of speed and dependability. The Hobie 16 still offers fleet numbers larger than any other fiberglass catamarans. New 16s continue to be sold and add to the fleet fun, coast to coast and worldwide.
- Asymmetrical Hulls - No Daggerboards Required
- Carbon Fiber Kick-Up Rudders
- Race-Ready Dacron Sails
- Mesh Trampoline
- Double Trapeze System
- Harken Blocks throughout
- 6:1 Mainsheet with traveler system
- Black Anodized Aluminum Mast with Comptip
- Dollies, Trailers and Other Accessories Available
- Length Overall: 16' 7"
- Beam: 7' 11"
- Draft (Rudder Up): 10"
- Mast Length: 26' 6"
- Sail Area: 218 sq ft
- Weight: 320 lbs
- Crew: 1-4
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass/Foam Sandwich
- Hull Color: White
Is this *the* Hobie Cat I've always seen and heard about it?
That is correct! The Hobie 16 is easily the most iconic catamaran ever designed. It's still built to this day by Hobie Cat in Oceanside, California.
Read Our Hobie 16 FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. The Hobie 16 will ship for a flat rate of $455 anywhere in the continental US. Please contact us for rates to other areas.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.