The classic Ronstan Timer and Sailing watch are back with improved features and construction. In addition to the popular ISAF starting sequences, these new watches have improved sailing specific functions and features including a new Match Racing countdown. New time mode functions make the watches easier to read and more practical shoreside for any number of other applications. All new construction aims to maximize reliability and ensure your watch performs exceptionally well every time you use it.
Race Mode Features
- Multiple Start Sequence options including ISAF 5,4,1,0, Match Racing, User Set.
- SYNChronisation function offers auto-correction if you start the countdown early or late.
- Multi-line display for Start Sequences + Time.
- Loud intuitive lead-up and start sound signals.
- Countdown repeat or Count down and up options (for elapsed race time).
- Separate fast access Race and Time mode scrolling.
- Water resistant to 5 ATM (50m/150ft) with double gasket seals.
- Time, hours/minutes/seconds in 12 or 24hr format
- Month/Day or Day/Month format
- Daily alarm
- Chronograph - Including hours and time of the day
- Luminescent backlight.
- Battery saving mode offers ability to turn off light
- Shock resistant
Clear Start Timer Specifications
- 65mm (2 9/16 inch) diameter face
- 16mm (5/8 inch) digit display
- Rotating face
- Wrist/Hull/Mast/Boom mount options
- 30mm (1 1/8 inch) wide stretch Nylon band with security loop
- Easy-use, flush fit buckle
- Dual batteries
- Extra-large easy-press silicon buttons with highlighted Start/Stop button
- Weight 92g (3.3oz)
Large Quick View Displays
The entire ClearStart range features large digit displays for easy viewing. The Race Timer presents huge 16mm (5/8 inch) numbers that can be easily viewed by the crew when mounted on the boom or mast base. The 50mm Sailing Watch display is only slightly smaller with 13mm (1/2 inch) digits which can be quickly viewed at a glance without taking your hand off the helm, and the compact 40mm Sailing Watch still has impressive 10mm (3/8 inch) digits.
Race Sequence Resynchronisation
All racing sailors know how hard it can be to get the watch going at the exact second the start sequence is commenced. With the handy SYNC function, you can quickly resynchronise the ClearStart to the official race time. A simple press of a button allows you to drop down to the next minute, allowing you to get your starting sequence back in perfect SYNC at the next opportunity.
Pre-programed Race Sequence Sounds
The intuitive ClearStart sound signals let you know exactly where you are in the start sequence without looking at the display. Pre-programmed with World Sailing 5-4-1-0 and match racing start sequences, it can also be programmed for other countdown sequences by the user. Sound signals can be turned off if desired.
End of Sequence - Countdown or Count Up
Depending on the user’s preference, the watch can be set up to auto repeat the countdown at the end of the sequence for general recall restarts, or to start counting up to track elapsed time.
Multi-line Display with Real Time
No need to switch between countdown and time modes because the actual time is displayed below the countdown time on the new multi-line ClearStart™ display.
Daily Life Functionality From waking up for work to working out, a ClearStart watch is also great for everyday activities. Standard modes include 12 or 24 hour time format, date in day/month or month/day format, daily alarm and chronograph (stop watch).
Bright, full-face electroluminescent backlighting is easy to read at night and can be turned on temporarily for a quick view.
Water and Shock Resistant
Designed to survive the rigors of competitive sailing, ClearStart watches and timers are water resistant rated at 5ATM and highly shock resistant. Watch housings are moulded in rugged fibre reinforced resin, with a resilient and super-comfortable silicon band.