Specially made by the West Coast Sailing Rigging Department for the top Optimist competitor, this is the ultimate 4:1 mainsheet block and clip. An upgrade over our standard mainsheet clip block, this assembly allows a 4:1 purchase which can be super helpful in heavy air.
- Hardware: Harken 40mm Carbo and 29mm Carbo Blocks, Snap Shackle
- Line: 3mm Dyneema
How to rig:
- Clip mainsheet block to bridle ring
- Place mainsheet in back of cockpit.
- Pass end of mainsheet back to front through the aft mainsheet block on the floor.
- Pass the mainsheet up to the 40mm (upper) block in the mainsheet clip block, passing back to front.
- Run mainsheet back down to the forward mainsheet block on the floor.
- Pass the mainsheet front to back through this block, then back up to the mainsheet clip block.
- Pass the mainsheet up to the 29mm (lower) block in the mainsheet block block, passing back to front.
- Run the mainsheet back down to the forward mainsheet block on the floor, passing the end through the hole in the block and securing with an eight knot.