Specially made by the West Coast Sailing Rigging Department for the top Optimist competitor, this is the ultimate 4:1 mainsheet block and clip. An upgrade over our standard mainsheet clip block, this assembly allows a 4:1 purchase which can be super helpful in heavy air.
- Hardware: Harken 40mm Carbo and 29mm Carbo Blocks, Snap Shackle
- Line: 3mm Dyneema
How to rig:
- Clip mainsheet block to bridle ring
- Place mainsheet in back of cockpit.
- Pass end of mainsheet back to front through the aft mainsheet block on the floor.
- Pass the mainsheet up to the 40mm (upper) block in the mainsheet clip block, passing back to front.
- Run mainsheet back down to the forward mainsheet block on the floor.
- Pass the mainsheet front to back through this block, then back up to the mainsheet clip block.
- Pass the mainsheet up to the 29mm (lower) block in the mainsheet block block, passing back to front.
- Run the mainsheet back down to the forward mainsheet block on the floor, passing the end through the hole in the block and securing with an eight knot.
West Coast Sailing Rig Shop
This item is hand built by our Rig Shop using industry leading best practices for splicing and rigging so you can be confident in a strong and dependable finished product. It was developed to meet class standards and common deck/rigging layouts, using materials appropriate for its application. Please contact our team if you have any question about this or any other one design or custom rigging needs.
Rig Shop Return Policy
All 'West Coast Sailing Rig Shop' items are built to order and therefore excluded from our standard 366 day return policy (as referenced below). Please contact our team right away if there is an issue with your product. Except in the event of production error on the part of West Coast Sailing, refunds for rigging products inadvertently returned to us will not be refunded. West Coast Sailing may elect to issue Store Credit for the value of the product in select circumstances. When in doubt, contact our team first.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.