The Getaway is the largest, most roomy catamaran platform around. Simple sailing, focused on comfort, stability and room for 4-6 people without breaking a sweat.
The Hobie Getaway is all about fun. It is an extremely spacious and stable catamaran for families and friends to enjoy. With a boomless mainsail and furling jib - the Getaway is absolutely simple to use, yet delivers some surprisingly smooth speed. The largest boat in the Hobie family, it easily fits up to six people. The rotomolded polyethelene hull makes the Getaway a low maintenance boat with excellent lifetime durability. It's just a great boat for easy and lazy days on the water anywhere in the world..
- Integrated keel fin removes the need for daggerboards.
- EZ Loc Rudder System' makes launching simple - push off and go.
- Fully-Battened, Multi-Colored Square-Top Dacron Mainsail.
- Fitted Forward Trampoline with increased UV resistance.
- Roller-Furling Jib.
- Righting-Line & Hobie Mast Float included.
- Fiberglass Comptip Mast for Safety.
- Cooler/Storage Compartments in Each Hull.
You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 503-285-5536 ext2
- Crew: 1-6
- Length Overall: 17 feet
- Beam: 7 feet 8 inches
- Draft w/ Rudder Up: 10 inches
- Mast Length: 25 feet
- Total Sail Area: 180 square feed
- Weight: 390 lbs
- Capacity: 1000 lbs
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.