The Hawk is lightweight with a balanced arm and a "V" jewel bearing surface. The vane is made of super tough, glass-filled Nylon 12, for improved rigidity, durability, and UV resistance over similar looking polycarbonate versions on the market. It is all but indestructible. The support rod is high grade aluminium — allowing it to be bent, if required, or straightened should it be knocked or damaged. The easily removable mast clip can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, and is easily removed without tools. Adjust and lock the reference arms at any angle for quick, at a glance, indication of either gybing or tacking angles.
- Use: Dinghies, Dayboats, Sportsboats up to 26 ft (8m).
- Lightweight design with a low moment of inertia and jewel bearing for sensitivity and accuracy in light winds.
- Vane length: 10.6" (27cm).
- Overall height: 11" (28cm).
- Overall weight: 0.88 oz (25gm).
- "V" jewel low friction bearing.
- Counter weighted balanced vane arm.
- Quick release mount.
- Underside of vane has white reflective patches, and underside of reference arms have red reflective patches for night use.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.