Ocean 3000 from Robline is a high-performance 12-strand single braid line made of 100% Dyneema fiber. It offers a high strength-to-weight ratio (stronger than steel) with very low stretch. High abrasion and cut resistance and it even floats. Recommended for high load, static applications like halyards and wire replacement, and is a go to option for control line applications on small sailboats such as the Laser and other racing dinghies.
- Color - Grey
- Diameter - 2.5mm
- Core - 12 Strand Dyneema SK-78
- Cover - N/A
- Applications - Control Lines, Halyards, Wire Replacement
- Features - Low Stretch, High Strength, Abrasion Resistance
- Average Strength - 1800 lbs
- Weight (100 ft) - 0.30 lbs
- SOLD BY THE FOOT (Quantity 1 = 1 Foot. Adjust quantity to order longer lengths)
- Strength - Dyneema fiber is stronger than steel for its weight
- Stretch - Very low stretch and creep - resists stretching under static load
- Elongation - 0.96% when loaded at 30% of breaking strength
- Material - Dyneema® SK-78 HMPE (high molecular weight polyethylene)
- Contruction - 12-Strand hollow braid
- Splicing Technique - Full-bury 12-strand splice
Dynema® is the Dutch company DSM Dyneema's brand of UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight PolyEthylene fiber), a long chain, high strength, oriented strand, synthetic fiber with very high strength as well as high abrasion resistance. This fiber is also known as HMPE (High Modulus PolyEthylene). Dyneema is available in a number of formulations, SK-60, SK-75, SK-78, SK-90, etc. Each exceedingly stronger and more expensive.
Honeywell International produces a similar UHMWPE fiber, marketed as Spectra®
Dyneema Single Braid
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.