The Ovington ILCA offers top quality and craftsmanship for sailors who demand the best, backed by the support you need to excel on the water.
Sail in a class with over 200,000 boats in 140 countries with the the ILCA dinghy, the world’s most popular adult and youth single handed racing sailboat. It is a challenging boat that rewards athleticism, subtle steering and trimming techniques, as well as tactical excellence. In addition to being a singlehanded Olympic class boat for both men and women, the ILCA is actively sailed at the club, national and international levels. The Ovington ILCA dinghy is built to all International Laser Class Association one-design specifications so you can be confident in your investment.
Ovington Boats, the UK based builder specializing in high performance dinghies, was approved by the International Laser Class Association (ILCA) and World Sailing in August 2020. A long time supporter of the class and its sailors, West Coast Sailing carefully considered all new builders and sought to find the best ILCAs available. The team at West Coast Sailing is confident the Ovington ILCA will become the boat of choice for sailors looking for high quality spare parts, reliable support, and a strong track record of success. The fit and finish of these ILCAs is second to none and benefits from a long history of building high performance and Olympic level dinghies for the world's top sailors.
The Ovington ILCA is available in 3 rig sizes (ILCA 4, ILCA 6, and ILCA 7) and several packages to meet your sailing needs.
- Length - 13.78 feet
- Beam - 4.56 feet
- Draft - 2.62 feet
- Sail Area - 76 ft² (ILCA 7), 62 ft² (ILCA 6), 50 ft² (ILCA 4)
- Hull weight - 130 pounds
- Capacity: 1–2 people
- Skill Level: Beginner to Expert
- Race Level: Club to Olympic
- Transportation - Car Top or Trailer
- ILCA 4 - The smallest rig, also know as the 4.7
- ILCA 6 - The mid size rig, also known as the Radial
- ILCA 7 - The largest rig, also known at the Standard/Full
- Classic - Complete boat including Harken vang, cunningham, and outhaul hardware, line pack, aluminum tiller and extension, and full aluminum spar set (including boom with Harken blocks).
- Carbon - Complete boat including Harken vang, cunningham, and outhaul hardware, line pack, carbon tiller and extension, carbon upper mast section, and aluminum lower mast section and boom with Harken blocks. Adds $800 to complete boat price over Classic trim level.
- Complete / No Prep - Complete, ready to sail boat with no accessories. Basic assembly and sail number installation required.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $8095
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $8,895
- Complete w/ Prep - Complete, ready to sail boat with no accessories. Full assembly and sail number installation included. Adds $285 to complete boat price over 'No Prep' option.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $8,380
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $9,180
- ILCA 6 Composite Lower Upgrade - Upgrade to an ILCA 6 Composite Lower Mast in any package for $400.
- $3,000 Deposit Required - Quantities are limited; reserve yours now with just a $3,000 deposit.
- Delivery Rates - Please inquire about delivery rates throughout North America.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.