The ILCA dinghy is a single-handed racing sailboat with over 200,000 boats in 140 countries, making it the world’s most popular adult and youth racing dinghy. It is a challenging boat that rewards athleticism, subtle steering and trimming techniques, as well as tactical excellence. It is a singlehanded Olympic class boat for both men and women and is sailed at the club, national and international levels. The Ovington ILCA dinghy is built to all International Laser Class Association one-design specifications so you can be confident in your investment.
Ovington Boats has been approved as the newest ILCA class builder. West Coast Sailing has carefully chosen Ovington as our preferred ILCA builder and partner to serve ILCA sailors in North America. Backed by more than 30 years of experience, Ovington boats are distributed and sailed worldwide by sailors who demand the highest quality and craftsmanship to excel on the race course. We are confident that the new Ovington ILCA will be the finest available on the market. This is the new boat that Laser sailors have been waiting for and we're excited to be your primary North American resource for all Ovington ILCA boats and spare parts.
- Length - 13.78 feet
- Beam - 4.56 feet
- Draft - 2.62 feet
- Sail Area - 75.99 ft² (ILCA 7),
- Hull weight - 130 pounds
- Capacity: 1–2 people
- Skill Level: Beginner to Expert
- Race Level: Club to Olympic
- Transportation - Car Top or Trailer
First container of boats arriving December 2020. Complete ILCA boat packages available to Preorder. Reserve yours today to guarantee first availability.
Please see information below regarding available Rig Sizes, Trim Levels, and Complete Boat Packages.
- ILCA 4 - The smallest rig, also know as the 4.7
- ILCA 6 - The mid size rig, also known as the Radial®
- ILCA 7 - The largest rig, also known at the Standard/Full
- Classic - Complete boat including Harken vang, cunningham, and outhaul hardware, line pack, aluminum tiller and extension, and full aluminum spar set (including boom with Harken blocks).
- Carbon - Complete boat including Harken vang, cunningham, and outhaul hardware, line pack, carbon tiller and extension, carbon upper mast section, and aluminum lower mast section and boom with Harken blocks. Adds $700 to complete boat price over Classic trim level.
- Complete / No Prep - Complete, ready to sail boat with no accessories. Basic assembly and sail number installation required.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $7,295
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $7,995
- Complete w/ Prep - Complete, ready to sail boat with no accessories. Full assembly and sail number installation included. Adds $285 to complete boat price over 'No Prep' option.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $7,580
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $8,280
- Club Racing Package - Complete boat with prep, assembly, and sail number installation with these accessories: Rooster Deck Cover, Rooster Blade Bag, and UK style Welded Launching Trolley. Adds $700 to complete boat price over 'No Prep' option.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $7,995
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $8,695
- Competition Package - Complete boat with prep, assembly, and sail number installation, and everything you need to hit the race circuit. Our most popular racing and travel accessories including North Winds Canvas Deck Cover, Blade Bag, and Spar Bag, Dynamic Dolly, Cunningham and Vang Fast Pins, and C-Vane Wind Indicator. Adds $1430 to complete boat price over 'No Prep' option.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $8,725
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $9,425
- ILCA 6 Composite Lower Upgrade - Upgrade to an ILCA 6 Composite Lower Mast in any package for $200.
- $3,000 Deposit Required - Quantities are limited; reserve yours now with just a $3,000 deposit.
- Delivery Rates - Please inquire about delivery rates throughout North America.
Preorder Your 2021 ILCA Today
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call us at 503-285-5536 ext 2
Press Release: Ovington Boats Becomes Newest ILCA Builder
August 20th, 2020 - InternationalLaser.org
The International Laser Class Association (ILCA) is pleased to confirm that Ovington Boats Ltd. is fully approved as our newest builder of class-legal boats. The UK based company has completed the rigorous builder approval process and and has received approval from both the ILCA and World Sailing technical departments to begin production immediately. Expect to see the first ILCA class-legal boats by Ovington at the UK Nationals, to be held 24-29 August at the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy, complete with World Sailing plaques — meaning these boats are legal for all class-sanctioned events including world and Olympic qualifiers. Boats will be manufactured from moulds made from ILCA master tooling
Over the five-month approval process, Ovington has proven its capability to manufacture boats in strict compliance with the Construction Manual, verified by a producing production samples in accordance with an over 150 point check list. Ovington’s approval comes in accordance with World Sailing’s Olympic Equipment Policy, which states that any interested and qualified manufacturer must have the opportunity to become a builder of Olympic equipment. To comply with this policy the International Laser Class boats built by Ovington and other new manufacturers will be sold under the ILCA brand in order to allow builders to sell boats in any part of the world without trademark restrictions.
About Ovington Boats
Ovington Boats was founded by Dave Ovington in 1975. Dave started off building traditional wooden boats and, in particular, race winning Enterprises. With the search for lighter boats Dave progressed to using glass fibre and developed the application of vacuum bagged foam sandwich construction. Sadly, in March 2005 Dave died suddenly – but his legacy lives on in the business and the people who have worked at Ovington Boats for many years.
Ovington Boats has become successful in the small boat building businesses specializing in the high performance dinghy market. With a strong reputation for quality and service across a wide range of products including the manufacture of the Olympic Class 49er, ILCA is confident that Ovington will be a strong partner in building the class on a worldwide basis.