The Ovington ILCA offers top quality and craftsmanship for sailors who demand the best, backed by the support you need to excel on the water.
Sail in a class with over 200,000 boats in 140 countries with the the ILCA dinghy, the world’s most popular adult and youth single handed racing sailboat. It is a challenging boat that rewards athleticism, subtle steering and trimming techniques, as well as tactical excellence. In addition to being a singlehanded Olympic class boat for both men and women, the ILCA is actively sailed at the club, national and international levels. The Ovington ILCA dinghy is built to all International Laser Class Association one-design specifications so you can be confident in your investment.
Ovington Boats, the UK based builder specializing in high performance dinghies, was approved by the International Laser Class Association (ILCA) and World Sailing in August 2020. A long time supporter of the class and its sailors, West Coast Sailing carefully considered all new builders and sought to find the best ILCAs available. The team at West Coast Sailing is confident the Ovington ILCA will become the boat of choice for sailors looking for high quality spare parts, reliable support, and a strong track record of success. The fit and finish of these ILCAs is second to none and benefits from a long history of building high performance and Olympic level dinghies for the world's top sailors.
The Ovington ILCA is available in 3 rig sizes (ILCA 4, ILCA 6, and ILCA 7) and several packages to meet your sailing needs.
- Length - 13.78 feet
- Beam - 4.56 feet
- Draft - 2.62 feet
- Sail Area - 76 ft² (ILCA 7), 62 ft² (ILCA 6), 50 ft² (ILCA 4)
- Hull weight - 130 pounds
- Capacity: 1–2 people
- Skill Level: Beginner to Expert
- Race Level: Club to Olympic
- Transportation - Car Top or Trailer
- ILCA 4 - The smallest rig, also know as the 4.7
- ILCA 6 - The mid size rig, also known as the Radial
- ILCA 7 - The largest rig, also known at the Standard/Full
- Classic - Complete boat including Harken vang, cunningham, and outhaul hardware, line pack, aluminum tiller and extension, and full aluminum spar set (including boom with Harken blocks).
- Carbon - Complete boat including Harken vang, cunningham, and outhaul hardware, line pack, carbon tiller and extension, carbon upper mast section, and aluminum lower mast section and boom with Harken blocks. Adds $700 to complete boat price over Classic trim level.
- Complete / No Prep - Complete, ready to sail boat with no accessories. Basic assembly and sail number installation required.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $7,295
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $7,995
- Complete w/ Prep - Complete, ready to sail boat with no accessories. Full assembly and sail number installation included. Adds $285 to complete boat price over 'No Prep' option.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $7,580
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $8,280
- Club Racing Package - Complete boat with prep, assembly, and sail number installation with these accessories: Rooster Deck Cover, Rooster Blade Bag, and UK style Welded Launching Trolley. Adds $700 to complete boat price over 'No Prep' option.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $7,995
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $8,695
- Competition Package - Complete boat with prep, assembly, and sail number installation, and everything you need to hit the race circuit. Our most popular racing and travel accessories including North Winds Canvas Deck Cover, Blade Bag, and Spar Bag, Dynamic Dolly, Cunningham and Vang Fast Pins, and C-Vane Wind Indicator. Adds $1430 to complete boat price over 'No Prep' option.
- ILCA 4/6/7 Classic Total Price - $8,725
- ILCA 4/6/7 Carbon Total Price - $9,425
- ILCA 6 Composite Lower Upgrade - Upgrade to an ILCA 6 Composite Lower Mast in any package for $200.
- $3,000 Deposit Required - Quantities are limited; reserve yours now with just a $3,000 deposit.
- Delivery Rates - Please inquire about delivery rates throughout North America.
Why has West Coast Sailing partnered with Ovington Boats to offer ILCA dinghies?
The ILCA landscape has evolved quickly in the past year with several new builders approved by the class. Ovington Boats, the UK based builder specializing in high performance dinghies, was approved in August 2020. West Coast Sailing carefully considered all new builders and sought to find the best ILCAs available and believes that the Ovington ILCA will be the boat of choice for sailors seeking top quality and support.
Read Our Press Release on Ovington ILCAs
What is the difference between an ILCA and a Laser?
The International Laser Class Association (ILCA) is the primary entity that organizes Laser racing around the world. In 2019, ILCA began a process of authorizing new boat manufacturers to build boats that could be raced in ILCA events. Due to trademark considerations, this new boat, which shares all one design characteristics of the Laser, is known as the ILCA. For more info, check out our 'Laser vs ILCA' article below.
Read Our Laser vs ILCA Article
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.