Our staff of dinghy sailors works hard to grow the sport of sailing by providing excellent products, service, and advice. The members of our team have a variety of backgrounds, yet we all share a goal of advancing our professional aspirations. Our employees are actively involved in the sailing community and we are looking for an individual who is as passionate about sailing as we are. We work hard to make West Coast Sailing the largest and most respected small sailboat company in the world.
WHERE WE ARE
Our warehouse is located in Portland, Oregon, home to a small but vibrant river sailing community. The local junior program produces some of the finest sailors in the Pacific Northwest, and our two rivers are home to many sailors who are competitive on both the national and international levels in both dinghies and keelboats. Additionally, Portland lies within a two-hour drive from every other outdoor activity you could dream of.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
West Coast Sailing is seeking creative and passionate individuals to join our team. We are a small but growing sailing business that prides itself on outstanding service, quality products, and helpful information. We are looking for detail-oriented, hardworking, and self-motivated individuals to join our team. Our shop is fast-paced and tasks change daily so we need individuals who are flexible and willing to help others while managing their own priorities and responsibilities.
WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO US
- Friendly, hard-working, self-motivated, and a team player!
- Familiarity with small boats and passion for sailing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel, Quickbooks, and Gmail. Strong computer skills and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work with customers, determine their needs, and guide them to select the best products for those needs.
- Strong email and written communication skills- our customers are all over the world!
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A desire to learn more about sailing and help others do the same.
- Ability to work with other departments to provide the best and most efficient service possible.