If you're using 420s in your program, you want to have a Zim. Quality construction, low cost, and a full parts network for support year round.
A feature rich Club 420 for yacht clubs and institutional racing programs that want a larger fiberglass boat than the FJ. The Zim ZForce Club 420 is for one-design sailors who want the strongest, lightest 420 with the best rigging available. Proven boat construction techniques and a race rigging package ensure performance, strength, and durability. The ZForce Club 420 is the choice of champions, with victories at many local, regional, and national events.
- Toughened resin and plexus bond for superior strength and durability
- Colored gelcoat racing stripes on aft end of cockpit or traditional grey deck
- Matching smoke Grey rudder blade and centerboard
- All through-deck mounted hardware is supported by tapped aluminum backing plates
- Shroud chain plate is a forged eye strap supported with an aluminum back-up bar under the rail
- Harken Carbo cleats and blocks
- Roller pins on shrouds instead of guy hooks
- Captive shroud adjusters for safe rig adjustments
- Mylar centerboard gaskets
- Low drag bailer with replaceable parts
- Round traveler bar
Sails & Rigging
- North Sails class approved mainsail, jib, and spinnaker
- Custom Spinnaker colors available
- Zim Race Rigging
- Dyneema main halyard for max hoist and low stretch
- Spliced single adjustment mainsheet bridle
- FSE Robline line package
- 2:1 rudder downhaul
- Pulley trapeze rings; handle and ring are both adjustable for gross and fine tuning
- Tapered aluminum spinnaker pole
- Dwyer aluminum mast and boom (on Club spec)
ZForce Spec Exclusive Features
- Latest Seldon race spec aluminum boom
- Upgraded 16:1 dyneema boom vang
- Race spec cunningham
- Captive shroud adjusters
- Length - 13'10"
- Beam - 5'6"
- Draft - 3'
- Mainsail Area - 80 sq ft
- Jib Area - 30 sq ft
- Spinnaker Area - 95 sq ft
- Hull Weight - 230 lbs
There are a few C420 manufacturers, which one is the best?
Zim is the most popular by a significant margin. That said, for the most hardcore sailors, there is a cult following for the PS2000 version. LaserPerformance has been making a 420, but due to supply issues, we haven't seen any in many years.
Read Our Club 420 FAQs
Can you tell me a bit more about how ordering a boat works?
We can walk you through the process from start to finish. Below read our most Frequently Asked Questions that will answer a lot of your questions.
Read Our Boat Ordering FAQs
I've read all about your boats, but I still have questions... can you answer those?
Happily. And we feel you, it's not always easy to get all the information from a single webpage. We've prepared some FAQs to take the mystery out of researching our boats.
Read Our Sailboat FAQs
Boat Delivery is going to be expensive, isn't it?
Despite their size, we are able to ship most boats around North America safely and inexpensively. While boats don't qualify for free shipping, we do subsidize the cost for each customer to keep it reasonable. To see your exact cost, add a boat to your cart and it will show an exact flat rate cost as you checkout. Typically, small boats ship for $300-$600, medium sized boats ship for $400-$800, and larger boats, such as the RS Venture or RS21, ship for $700-$1200.
Why West Coast Sailing
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
CURRENT LEAD TIME & AVAILABILITY
Due to the high demand for sailboat and kayak products, the team at West Coast Sailing is working hard to bring in as much inventory as possible. We receive multiple shipments over the course of the year with our allocated number of specific models and colors. Current lead time and availability information for specific sailboat and kayak models is posted on our website:
Lead Time Table (opens in new tab)
Depending on current on hand stock and/or estimated availability, this model may be available for purchase online. Please review the following stock status information:
- Availability: IN STOCK - This indicates the option selected is physically in stock at our warehouse in Portland, OR for immediate shipping or in store pickup. Our team will contact you within one business day of receiving your order to discuss these details.
- Availability: PRE ORDER - This indicates the option selected is on one of our next shipments but has not yet be received. The estimated availability date for new preorders is listed on our Lead Time Table, which is updated weekly. Placing an order will reserve your spot in the queue for next availability, which is subject to change.
- Availability: SOLD OUT - This indicates the option selected is not currently available for preorder due to extended or unknown lead time, For an update on future availability, please see our Lead Time Table or contact our team via email at email@example.com.