Wichard's range of two ProLine'R Releasable Safety Tethers both feature a harness attachment which is a quick-opening, snap shackle designed so it can be released under load in emergency situations. Additionally, ProLine'R tethers have all the features of the ProLine range including the use of wide-opening, auto-locking ProSnap safety snap hooks, overload indicator with built-in shock absorber, lightweight construction and replaceable webbing.
The harness attachment point of this #7064 two leg Proline'R Elastic Safety Tether is equipped with a forged stainless steel, quick-opening, snap shackle designed so it can be released under load in emergency situations -- man overboard, capsizing, etc. -- but will not open accidentally. It has a short (1 m) flat webbing leg with a ProCnap safety hook for attaching to an anchor point or jack line on the boat, and a long (2 m) elastic webbing second leg with a second ProSnap safety hook. Extended length of the stretchable leg is 6-1/2 ft (2 meters). The two leg design allows you to always maintain one point of attachment for increased safety. Elastic, retractable, tethers are a Wichard innovation. They provide great freedom of movement as they retract and extend without dragging on the deck behind you.
- Includes overload indicator as per ISAF offshore special regulations, with built-in shock absorber.
- Elastic harness tether retracts from 6 feet to 3 feet.
- Quick-opening snap shackle with release lanyard at harness end.
- Double-action safety hook at attachment end automatically locks and prevents accidental opening.
- Safety hook has an ergonomic design for one-handed operation, a locking indicator, and a wide, 26 mm (1 inch) opening mouth.
- Snap hook is forged special aluminium to ensure excellent rustproof qualities and minimum weight.
- Compliant with EN 1095.
- Follows OSR - ISAF recommendations for offshore racing.
- CE marked.
- Lightweight polyamide webbing is retro-reflective at night, and is replaceable.