The Weta is a unique boat in many ways. Designed so that one person could sail and race solo, or two adults to fit easily. The Weta is lightweight, with a stable design and simply controls. The Weta is fast, but not intimidating, and it is versatile without being overly complicated. Over 1100 sold worldwide, learn more about how the Weta is like no other..
A modern and easy-to- sail trimaran, the Weta is a New Zealand designed fiberglass dinghy with Main, Jib, and Spinnaker. There is no other boat quite like it in terms of versatility - it sails easily with between one to three sailors. The uniquely designed hulls provide stability and speed without the need for a trapeze. A boat of the year winner with continuous improvements since launch - the newest Wetas (2017 onward) are infused and lighter than before. Available options now include: 9.3M squaretop main, 8.4M racing main, and 6.5M mainsail, as well as furling jib and and larger spinnaker. It can honestly do it all. The Weta can be broken down from full sailing width to fit on its included dolly, or our custom flatbed trailer. It's easy to travel with, and move around on the dolly or with a trailer. The quality and attention to detail becomes obvious as the Weta tackles a full range of conditions with confidence and ease. Close to 1,200 Wetas are sailing worldwide, and there are 120+ Wetas now in Western North America.
- Infused fiberglass construction
- Two piece carbon mast
- Carbon daggerboard, rudder and rudderhead
- Mylar sails - Main and Jib (North Sails)
- Asymmetric spinnaker (North Sails)
- Simple deck layout, with logical controls
- Floating blocks for easier trampoline alignment
- Blade bag included for easy handling
- Aluminum launching dolly included
- Length: 14'5" / 4.4 m
- Beam: 11'6" / 3.5 m
- Beam Folded Away: 5'7" / 1.7 m
- Hull Material: Fiberglass / Foam
- Weight - Main Hull: 159 lbs / 72 kg
- Weight - Float with the Beam Frame: 40 lbs / 17 kg
- Main Sail: 89 sq ft / 8.3 sq m
- Jib Sail: 34 sq ft / 3.2 sq m
- Screecher Sail: 86 sq ft / 8 sq m
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
”Text from random person”
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN BUYING YOUR BOAT
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.