The new Stohlquist Shift Drysuit represents the latest in innovative drysuit design. It looks like a separate jacket and pants, but is actually a 100% dry, one-piece suit. This offers the ability to wear the suit in "stand-by" mode - perfect for scholastic sailors between rotations or coaching off a dock. Offering great flexibility, the Shift is Stohlquist's newest drysuit. It features Captive Zip self-entry technology, zippered neoprene side & chest pockets, a relief zip, a removable hood, and a unique stand-by mode. While it looks like separate jacket and pants, the Shift is actually a 100% dry, one-piece suit. The Shift offers the user the ability to wear the suit in a "stand-by" mode. This still provides excellent wind & rain protection, while allowing for full ventilation and comfort while on shore. Stand-by mode is perfect for launches, lunches, scouting, and instruction; when wind & waterproof protection are required, but the possibility of submersion is low. The 3-Layer waterproof/breathable fabric in the Shift suit features a non-porous, hydrophilic polyurethane membrane especially suited for salt water environments.
- Simple Captive Zip self-entry system (patent pending)
- MasterSeal waterproof entry & relief zippers
- Soft, latex neck & wrist gaskets
- Integrated Gripp-Loc sprayskirt tunnel
- Removable hood with multiple adjustment points
- Internal elastic suspenders help with donning/doffing, and keep the suit from shifting while swimming
- Cordura reinforced seat & knees
- Zippered chest pocket with internal headphone port
- Reflective accents for increased visibility
- Adjustable, retractable cuff covers
Drysuit Tips from West Coast Sailing
- The Masterseal zipper resists salt but should be cleaned with soap and water periodically.
- We recommend Zip Tech Zipper Lubricant to maintain your zipper, but even chap stick will work in a pinch.
- Store drysuit unfolded, unzipped, and away from dirt and dust.