The 400 is a beast of a boat. Very powered up, technical to sail and hard to master - it rewards the patient sailors who put their time in.
The one that started it all, the very first boat built by RS. The RS 400 is devastatingly fast, rewarding physicality and aggressive sailing style. Its balanced and responsive handling provides the ability to control the beast. Hugely popular in Europe, the RS 400 is a niche boat in North America - but is a good choice in specific scenarios.
You can also reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 503-285-5536 ext2
- Big and powerful with an excellent blend of speed and maneuverability.
- Light and stiff foam sandwich construction - maximum transfer of power from the rig.
- Open transom provides a virtually self draining cockpit and the molded auto bailer quickly removes any remaining water.
- Ergonomic cockpit design for comfortable hiking.
- Toe straps adjustable for both height and reach.
- Thwart gives the crew a comfortable light wind position.
- Wide hull allows leverage to be generated equally by both sailors
- The interior layout is simple and efficient.
- Pivoting centerboard and rudder make launching easy.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
- The light weight aluminum mast uses a section especially developed for the 400. Bend is controllable using a deck level screw and adjustable spreaders.
- Rake and sideways bend are further variable via the jib halyard that is led to the crew.
- Quality sails are the result of long development hours in front of a computer and on the water.
- Both main and jib are fully battened to stabilize the shape, reduce flogging, and extend their competitive life.
- Perfect match between the mast and mainsail give exceptional power control.
- Asymmetric spinnaker - easy to use, fast, fun and highly tactical.
- Bowsprit can be canted to windward, allowing the RS400 to sail very fast at virtually any downwind angle.
- Length 14' 10"
- Beam 6' 6"
- Hull weight 187lb
- Sailing weight 284lb
- Sail area main / jib 159 sq ft
- Sail area spinnaker 150 sq ft
- Hull: Polyester GRP foam sandwich. Localized Kevlar reinforcement.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.