The the one that started it all, the very first boat built by RS. The RS 400 is devastatingly fast, rewarding physicality and aggressive sailing style. Its balanced and responsive handling provides the ability to control the beast. Hugely popular in Europe, the RS 400 is a niche boat in North America - but is a good choice in specific scenarios.
- Big and powerful with an excellent blend of speed and maneuverability.
- Light and stiff foam sandwich construction - maximum transfer of power from the rig.
- Open transom provides a virtually self draining cockpit and the molded auto bailer quickly removes any remaining water.
- Ergonomic cockpit design for comfortable hiking.
- Toe straps adjustable for both height and reach.
- Thwart gives the crew a comfortable light wind position.
- Wide hull allows leverage to be generated equally by both sailors
- The interior layout is simple and efficient.
- Pivoting centerboard and rudder make launching easy.
- Sophisticated GRP sandwich construction gives strong, light, high performance foils.
- The light weight aluminum mast uses a section especially developed for the 400. Bend is controllable using a deck level screw and adjustable spreaders.
- Rake and sideways bend are further variable via the jib halyard that is led to the crew.
- Quality sails are the result of long development hours in front of a computer and on the water.
- Both main and jib are fully battened to stabilize the shape, reduce flogging, and extend their competitive life.
- Perfect match between the mast and mainsail give exceptional power control.
- Asymmetric spinnaker - easy to use, fast, fun and highly tactical.
- Bowsprit can be canted to windward, allowing the RS400 to sail very fast at virtually any downwind angle.
- Length 14' 10"
- Beam 6' 6"
- Hull weight 187lb
- Sailing weight 284lb
- Sail area main / jib 159 sq ft
- Sail area spinnaker 150 sq ft
- Hull: Polyester GRP foam sandwich. Localized Kevlar reinforcement.
- Spars: Aluminum alloy.
- Sails: Mylar fully battened mainsail. Dacron fully battened jib. Single patch radial cut spinnaker.
- Foils: Pivoting centerboard and rudder. GRP and foam composite.
”Stunning performance is complemented by superb manners and ease of handling…once the sails are up, the meticulous attention to detail becomes apparent.”
WHY WEST COAST SAILING?
We represent a dozen sailboat brands from all around the world. Our dinghy sailboat inventory is second to none, with at least 100 boats in stock in our warehouse at any time. Our staff has extensive experience sailing, racing, rigging, coaching and delivering boats worldwide. This is what we do:
- Selection – 70+ models of boats from manufacturers around the world.
- Service – Our staff is focused on helping you Own The Water.
- Experience – The team here has decades of experience on all types of dinghies.
- Inventory – Over $1million of boats and parts inventory in stock at all times.
- Logistics – We have experience shipping boats all over the world, at reasonable rates, quickly.
- Rigging – We rig most boats by hand, and stand behind our work.
- Long Term Support – We are a leader in our industry, and we didn't get here by cutting corners. We have your back.
- Apparel and Accessories – We have the apparel, accessories, trailers and dollies to go with each boat.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US TODAY!
- Email us at BoatSales@WestCoastSailing.net
- Call or Text (503) 285-5536 ext 2
- Financing is available. Contact us for details.