The BlackGold Optimist rig is the worlds most advanced Optimist rig. For many years it has been chosen as the official charter rig for the I.O.D.A World, European, Asian and Oceanian Championships. Several outstanding results have been achieved in the past years. The BlackGold mast is made from a hard anodized 7075 T6 aluminum for ultimate performance.
- High Delrin heel plug, for less friction and to avoid wear
- Stainless steel hook-in block backing plate to avoid wear
- Through bolted and insulated vang cleat to prevent failure
- Aluminum pin stop instead of plastic to avoid breakage
- Aluminum pennant holders which do not cut the lines
- Halyard with HARKEN hook-in block and 25 mm Windesign low friction ring
- Pure Vectran spliced halyard
- Low friction nylon wind indicator is extra sensitive
- Delrin pin type heel-plug _ no wear
- Vectran control lines offer zero stretch and zero creep
- Sprit adjuster handle
- Supplied with rigging pack
CARE NOTE - BlackGold spars are subject to corrosion from salt water. We recommend rinsing your spars with fresh water after each use to minimize corrosion and keep your spars in top condition.
Oversize Shipping Information
This item is considered oversize due to length and/or weight and not eligible for standard shipping. Oversize ground shipping is available to Contiguous United States addresses for a flat rate of $60 - select Oversize Shipping during checkout. For shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, US Territories, and all other destinations, please contact our customer service team to discuss options. For additional information, please review our Shipping Policies.
Shipping & Returns
Delivery Info: Enjoy Free Standard Shipping on most orders* to the Continental United States over $75. Our Standard Shipping method utilizes USPS, UPS, and FedEx to send packages near and far. Oversize/Freight shipping (where applicable), Expedited Shipping (where available), and rates to other destinations will be calculated at checkout.
See our Shipping Page for more information (and exceptions).
Returns Info: Your 100% satisfaction is our goal - we want you to love your sailing gear, but if something doesn't work out, we accept returns on most new, unused items*. Returns can be made within 366 days (1 year + 1 day) of your original order date. Exceptions include (and are not limited to) cut line, Rig Shop products, special order items, numbered sailors, and items used or worn sailing.
See our Returns Page for more information.