** 8mm V-100 is no longer available.
V-100 features a braided 100% Vectran 12-strand single braid core treated with New England Ropes unique marine-tech coating, and a highly durable polyester cover. A LCP (liquid crystal polymer) fiber, Vectran exhibits high strength, excellent creep and abrasion resistance, excellent flex/fold and chemical resistance, and outstanding heat and cut resistance. V-100 is a very strong, low stretch, high-tech line for its size and it has good abrasion resistance and virtually no creep. It works flawlessly around tight sheaves even under extreme loads.
- Colors: (Black/Yellow, Blue/Yellow)
- Diameter - 8mm (5/16 inch)
- Core - Vectran
- Cover - 24 Plait Polyester
- Applications - Halyards and Sheets on Cruising & Performance sailboats
- Features - Double Braid, Great Strength, Low Stretch, UV Resistance, Easily Splicable, Abrasion Resistance
- Average Strength - 8,600 lbs
- SOLD BY THE FOOT (Quantity 1 = 1 Foot. Adjust quantity to order longer lengths)
- Strength - Very high strength thanks to Vectran® core
- Elongation - Minimal elongation
- Material - Vectran core with 24 Plait Polyester cover
- Splicing - Easy to splice and taper